Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

Because I am a busy person, I do not come very often on the corvetteforums. But this I have to say or ask:

In a few weeks I will start with the carbonfiber bodyparts for my '86 vette. It wil made my vette lighter, more aerodynamic, better enginecooling and most off all FASTER! Less weight is faster cornering, higher topspeed and faster on the quartermile:D

I will have a new hood, doors, frontbumper and some other interior parts. I will use lexan for my windows to save more weight. I think to gain a total of 170 kg (375lb)

I did removed a lot all ready my vette weight is now 1340 kg (2954lb) My goal is 1100 kg (2425lb) or less.......maby with my new LS1 engine I will reach this. But.....my question:

Are here also corvettelovers who want to have some new bodyparts? The lights also com with the hood.....If so.....please respond on this topic.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
sound's good,i would do it,but i want to buy so many other thing's first,i can't afford to do everything right this minute.i don't want to repaint the car just yet either.that's a good weight saving's you will get.are you buying them from the U.S.,or the Netherland's?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Johnny, when are u going 2 make a cf hood with scoop and those cool fiat headlights? i really want one!!!

By the way, go cf doors, and targa top (i heard that weights a shitload), and go for racing mags = less weight :D

Good look

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
parts & prices

Thanks for all the responce!

The parts are develloped here in the Netherlands, in the first for myself, but I know there are a lot of other corvette enthousiast who would wanted those parts. So I thought: why don't made some exstra parts for others? The guy I know has a lot of experience with carbonfiber, he build several Vipers, Porsche, Marcos, TVR and other very fast racingcars. What he made is very good and afordeble and my corvette is a uniek project for him. The prices are not certain jet, it depents on the work, oventime and the number of parts we cab made. Understand, it is a lot of work to have the first hood or door ready.......so....the price a mentoin now is not certain yet, only a guess!

hood: about 1700 US$
door: about 1500 US$
wing C5R type: about 700 US$
lights a set of two: 500 US$
front bumper: 1200 US$

I am not trying to sell for now, but I am looking for possible buyers. The parts will be made for daily driving, so we speak about 3 layers of carbon and not one like the real racecars. I use my vette for summertime driving on the street and blow all the competition away, but when I am doing 175 MPH, I do not want a dancing hood :laughing:

I think that the prices for handmade carbonfiber parts will become very resonable. We also will try to build a technical aerodynamic body aswell a beautifull one, who will hold on the style of the corvette, not a "fast and furious" type of car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Soulja_350 said:
Johnny, when are u going 2 make a cf hood with scoop and those cool fiat headlights? i really want one!!!

By the way, go cf doors, and targa top (i heard that weights a shitload), and go for racing mags = less weight :D

Good look
We start with the doors, I will replace the windows by a sort of Lexan. We are not sure what to do with the inside panels. For me it is no problem, I like very racey, like the Ferrari F40. But for commercial point of vieuw, I think we go for a interiorpanels too.......

The hood will be the second part. The lights are also availeble in Xenon, maby I buy a set for myself too :D I do not know how much those are, but I believe around 1000 $

1 - 9 of 9 Posts