Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DC Ambassador / Netherlands
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'll try my question here one more time.

I'm from Holland and can't use the carfax survice, they only help USA and Canada customers.

Now I'm in the proces of buying my first Vette, a white 1988 conv. 70.000 miles on it and I would love to know the history of this car before I buy it.

If there is one of you who still has a carfax subscription and is willing to help me buy my 25 y/o dream please run this VIN for me

VIN: 1G1YY3189J5108213

I would gladly pay the fee and do it myself but they don't help Europe customers.

Many many many thanks from a C4 driver to be

Pim den Boer
Holland

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
What do I think?? I love it. The early C-4's are my favorite.:thumbsup:
I'm a bit partial though.:stick:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Is it a 35 anniversary 88.?Sorry i don't have a subscribtion either,i bought mine without a carfax,i did one after i bought the car,i new it was hit in the front bumper and fixed,wasn't on the carfax though.I was hit in the rear,i did the work threw a friend,so it's not on a carfax either,probably couldn't hide a r-title or something major like that though.good luck.Post more pictures WHEN you buy it,i know you will......:laughing:

·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JCswm said:
NICE!!!!
but that is one UGLY front tag!!!
:agree: It's one of this first thinks I'm going to fix, here we have to have a front plate but it will go down on the spoiler.

Pim

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i doubt carfax will help....they probably don't have records on cars that are in europe....

·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Punk Boy said:
i doubt carfax will help....they probably don't have records on cars that are in europe....
This is what I already know

FREE Record Check Results

VIN: 1G1YY3189J5108213
Year/Make/Model: 1988 CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Body Style: Convertible
Engine Type: 5.7L V8 TPI OHV
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 9 records found in our database

and I think it was imported here in 1992, and I hope it will be mine before Christmas :D

I'm greatfull for any help with this.

Have a great day,

Pim

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
about car fax

if u get a gaurenteed title and the car checks out i meen solidly u like the price then buy it period dont wait or hesitate get in gear before its to late [from rod stuertts song] lon time strieght out :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Punk Boy said:
You're right to a certain extent, but they can supply info about the car BEFORE it left the US. They should be able to show you what the nine records are. 1992 was a long time ago and the car has a lot of history after that, but it might show that it was sold out of the country as a wreck.

I, too, had the issue of trying to get a report out of Carfax because I don't live in the US or Canada. I actually sent them an email (or maybe I used the "Contact" page of their website) and asked them how I could get report. They told me they are working on making these reports available outside North America but they couldn't do it yet.

The girl who responded to my email told me to send her my VIN anyway and she would send me a report, with compliments of Carfax, which was very good of them.

It didn't tell me a great deal, three emission checks in San Diego, California, but that was all, which tells me where it spent a few years I guess. It's a california spec car so I really already knew that. I suppose that was good because if it had been written off or defected or something it would have shown up. I was very surprised to see that they didn't report that it had been exported from the country, though. I would have thought that would have been documented by the Californian rego dept.

I guess I expected to see: "First registered here on this date" and "Transferred owner to here on this date" etc etc, but it didn't show any of that. I didn't expect to see names and addresses of course, but just dates and cities would have been nice.

Send them a message and see how you go.

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
with all respect

isint there any reliable gm mechs idont want to make light of your throug ness but unless its stolen and you can aford it pay a mech to check it out then get on that pony and ride looks like a great ride in the pic do it :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup: :buhbye: :buhbye:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts