Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

[Carlisle Detour] Side Trip to Harley Davidson Plant, York PA - 8/24/07

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  sasnglass77 
#1 ·
1) The Plan: I am heading to Carlisle from Nortthern Jersey on Friday morning, August 24. On the way to Carlisle, I am taking a side trip to York, PA to visit the Harley Davidson assembly plant, then the York Harley dealer. I'll probably poke around in the York area, before heading for the hotel.

Anyone who would like come along is welcome to join.

2) Date: Friday, August 24, 2007.

3) Time: Be ready to roll at 5:30 am (sharp). Rain or shine.

4) Leaving From:
Bergen County Harley Davidson
126 Essex Street
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662

Take GWB to Route 80W to Exit 63. Make a right at the STOP sign, and a right at the light. It's about one block on your left.

Link to Google Maps

5) Route: I-80 to I-287 to I-78 to to I-81 to I-83 to York.

We can meet up with anyone along the way. Other than that, the only pit stop I'm planning right now is at Pat Garrett's on I-78, Exit 19, about half way between Allentown & Harrisburg. Link to Google Maps.

6) Sign Up List: Holler up if you would like to come along.
1) RPOZ51
2) sasngass77
3) RPOZ4Z

7) Where We Are Heading and What We'll See:

Link to Google Maps

Check this out.

Harley-Davidson Vehicle Operations
124 Eden Road
York, Pennsylvania 17402

At the Vaughn L. Beals Tour Center, you'll explore exhibits that detail the plant's history, guide you through the manufacturing and assembly processes and highlight the Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO). You'll also have the chance to sit on current production motorcycles and visit the gift shop for tour-related souvenirs. The Kids' Rally, a specially designed area for visitors under the age of 12, makes the York facility an ideal family destination.

Tour Schedule
Tours are free and last approximately one hour.

Tours begin at regular intervals between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that you arrive early in the day. Tours are not offered on major holidays, or during production changes and year-end maintenance.

The York Tour Center will be open Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. beginning June 2nd through August 18th. Factory tours will be offered from 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. A modified tour route will be used beginning June 23rd through July 9th.

Tour schedule is subject to change. Please call 1-877-883-1450 (toll free) or 414-343-7850 prior to your visit for up-to-date tour information.

Tours will be modified beginning approximately June 20th through July 7th due to manufacturing requirements. The use of our regular tour route will resume on Monday, July 9th.

Tour Center & Gift Shop
Tour Center and gift shop hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Group Tours
Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more.
6) More About York, PA
York itself is a historically interesting place. Congress lived there while Philadelphia was occupied by the British. Burgoyne's Convention Army also spent some time there. Jubal Early and JEB Stuart of the Confederate Army also paid visits to York. Stuart and Ewell also passed through Carlisle on their way to Gettysburg.

York is also the home of the USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame.

See less See more
#2 ·
6) More About York, PA
York itself is a historically interesting place. Congress lived there while Philadelphia was occupied by the British. Burgoyne's Convention Army also spent some time there. Jubal Early and JEB Stuart of the Confederate Army also paid visits to York. Stuart and Ewell also passed through Carlisle on their way to Gettysburg.

York is also the home of the USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame.

York was also the first capital of the US, is home to the York barbell company, the York Peppermint pattie, and most importantly....I went to York College :D I can tell you where the good bars are!

I would have joined in if I still had my corvette....

#9 ·
Sorry, I just saw this. We were there at 9:00, but were waiting in the lobby area until about 9:20 for someone who was stuck in traffic. We made the 10:20 tour.

There were several Corvettes in the parking lot, but I don't remember any CommEds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.