Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty attractive woman for her age, dont ya think?

Very popular for a woman that was fired from CEO duty at HP...
and laid off 30000 HP workers and sent their jobs to China.

Boxer or Fiorina?:huh:

Why?:huh:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
She resigned... she was not fired. Name one fortune 500 company that did not downsize during the same economic times. In addition... it was the tax increases that caused the layoffs. Tax increases that were given a thumbs up vote... by Boxer. She increased productivity and streamlined HP... while merging with Compaq. Previously to HP... she was an executive for AT&T's technology department, Lucent. -she was in chemotherapy while running for Boxers seat.

The real question should be... what has Boxer done ?

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I guess no one knows.
I know, I know! She embarassed a General by asking him to refer to her as 'Senator' and not 'Ma'am', "it took me a long time to get that title". :laughing:

Perhaps she should have spent that time serving the public instead of her own sorry but-tocks.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
She resigned... she was not fired. Name one fortune 500 company that did not downsize during the same economic times. In addition... it was the tax increases that caused the layoffs. Tax increases that were given a thumbs up vote... by Boxer. She increased productivity and streamlined HP... while merging with Compaq. Previously to HP... she was an executive for AT&T's technology department, Lucent. -she was in chemotherapy while running for Boxers seat.

The part about her not being fired is not true. The same board of directors that hired,fired her. She was driving the company downhill as well as creating a public relations nightmare. I am sorry for her illness,in that I wish her all success,but she is nothing more that your run of the mill politician and I'll vote for Boxer any day of the week.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
If the deal had led to an immediate improvement in HP's flagging stock price, things might have worked out differently. It did not and shareholder disgruntlement ultimately forced a showdown with board of directors that by then was less-than-sympathetic. Fiorina resigned in Feb. 2005, walking away with a $21.1 million severance package and a legacy she doubtless will have to defend during her run for Senator against Barbara Boxer in California this fall.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20012965-501465.html

Carly Fiorina, Hewlett-Packard's controversial CEO, has resigned today, stating differences over the company's strategy.

Robert P. Wayman, HP's chief financial officer, has been named interim CEO. Patricia C. Dunn, an HP director since 1998, has been named non-executive chairman, Both appointments are effective immediately, the company said.

"While I regret the board and I have differences about how to execute HP's strategy, I respect their decision," said Fiorina in a statement. "HP is a great company and I wish all the people of HP much success in the future

http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/news/1052593/HP-CEO-Fiorina-resigns

Boxer is that big of a lair.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
The part about her not being fired is not true. The same board of directors that hired,fired her. She was driving the company downhill as well as creating a public relations nightmare. I am sorry for her illness,in that I wish her all success,but she is nothing more that your run of the mill politician and I'll vote for Boxer any day of the week.
Enjoy the turpitude! :cheers:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I'll vote for Boxer any day of the week.
Brother... this is not an attack or a challenge to you or your ideology. I simply do not understand the ideology that comes from the left of center on this issue.

Boxers been in her role for what... 18 years now ? Can you name for me any bill that she has proposed that made this state better... or helped growth in the private sector ? Any bill ? 18 years... and nothing. Why do you support her ?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Fired/told to step down by BOD's

Just like Tony H.

Same economic times?
There was no recession then.:huh:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Fired/told to step down by BOD's

Just like Tony H.

Same economic times?
There was no recession then.:huh:
It's there for you to read... in plain English. Look it up yourself if you feel I've rewritten or altered the articles. -better yet... find a few articles that prove me wrong... instead of clumsily puking out disinformation... wasting our time in having to constantly prove you to be incorrect.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Sorry I am not depraved, I have a right to speak my piece as you do. I just happend to think we're trading I sleeze ball for another,at least with Boxer we know what we're getting. With the other sleeze ball, all we know for sure is she sold h/p down the river and sent jobs to china.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Brother... this is not an attack or a challenge to you or your ideology. I simply do not understand the ideology that comes from the left of center on this issue.

Boxers been in her role for what... 18 years now ? Can you name for me any bill that she has proposed that made this state better... or helped growth in the private sector ? Any bill ? 18 years... and nothing. Why do you support her ?
I knew when I replied to your thread you'd be there. You didn't disappoint me,glad to hear from you again. As I said in another thread. Their both sleaze ball politicians but here the big difference. We know what we get with Boxer. All we know for sure with the other sleaze ball is she sent h/p down the river and sent jobs to china. So if for no other reason than that I'll vote boxer till the cows come home.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's there for you to read... in plain English. Look it up yourself if you feel I've rewritten or altered the articles. -better yet... find a few articles that prove me wrong... instead of clumsily puking out disinformation... wasting our time in having to constantly prove you to be incorrect.
Look,
This is common operation for the large business world.

Either your kept in position, demoted, or you retire.

It really does not matter, because in defense of your own pov.. the reality is, like in politics....
The BOD or investors call the shots...

Just like our govt.

All straw bosses.

You know what a straw boss is, right?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
So now she was a straw boss... and it really was not her decision to lay off 15K employees ? It was actually the board of directors ?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So now she was a straw boss... and it really was not her decision to lay off 15K employees ? It was actually the board of directors ?
quite likely...

wouldnt you say Tony H was tossed to appease the public outrage against BP?

But my real point here is obviously not that.
My interest is her popularity when supposedly she laid off 30000 people and outsourced their jobs to china.

Good looks and backed by Sarah.

Strange how the GOP have no ugly ducklings in their hen house, nor does the tea party.

Just sayin.....:D

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Even funnier is...

The Street/WSJ just named California as one of the top ten, most productive states.

Florida one of the top ten least productive states.:laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Sorry I am not depraved, I have a right to speak my piece as you do. I just happend to think we're trading I sleeze ball for another,at least with Boxer we know what we're getting. With the other sleeze ball, all we know for sure is she sold h/p down the river and sent jobs to china.
I didn't say you were, I said Boxer is. If you want to continue to live in the conditions that your Congressmen have brought you, by all means, do so.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
let me give you a little help as to the duties and power that each wields. The CEO (Carly) dictates the direction a company will take. The Board dictates internals -including finance... as it is directly answerable to the shareholders... and are voted in by said shareholders.

Carly wanted to take the company in one direction... the board via the shareholders wanted to go another. One can not work without the other... Carly resigns -as nothing can get done due to that fact the company and it's shareholders are injured if nothing gets done... "no direction... no finances". They amicably go there separate ways... and Carly is paid 21 mil.

Checks and balances... not the puking of disinformation that we constantly have to show you to be incorrect on.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Even funnier is...

The Street/WSJ just named California as one of the top ten, most productive states.

Florida one of the top ten least productive states.:laughing:
Pretty sad comentary since even though Cali may be so productive it's in the worst financial shape of any state.

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts