Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have read, his ammo "stockpile" was a 550 round value pack of 22LR and 25 12guage shells. :crazy: Tha nazis are gonna have a field day with this one...

By SHIRA TOEPLITZ | 1/9/11 5:57 PM EST

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday targeting the high-capacity ammunition the gunman used.

McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.

“My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow,” McCarthy told POLITICO in a Sunday afternoon phone interview.

Gun control activists cried it was time to reform weapons laws in the United States, almost immediately after a gunman killed six and injured 14 more, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in Arizona on Saturday.

Many said that people with a history of mental instability, like the alleged shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, should not be able to buy a gun — and no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.

McCarthy said she plans to confer with House Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to see “if we can work something through” in the coming week.

McCarthy’s spokesman confirmed the legislation will target the high-capacity ammunition clips the Arizona gunman allegedly used in the shooting, but neither he or the congresswoman offered any further details.

“Again, we need to look at how this is going to work, to protect people, certainly citizens, and we have to look at what I can pass,” McCarthy said. “I don’t want to give the NRA – excuse the pun – the ammunition to come at me either.”

Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html#ixzz1AdOICNAB

Read continues in link.. also touches on the "minority report" thought police issue they want to push.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Ben Franklin: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

From Craig For Congress
What is the opposite of "LIBERTY?" The answer is: SLAVERY.

What is the opposite of "SAFETY?" Some might answer: DANGER. But that's not the correct answer in this context. In the context of Ben Franklin and the American Revolution, the opposite of "SAFETY" is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Goes with Rahm Emanuel's credo: Never let a crisis go to waste. This is taking a sick advantage of a tragedy to further one's own goals. :down:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goes with Rahm Emanuel's credo: Never let a crisis go to waste. This is taking a sick advantage of a tragedy to further one's own goals. :down:
Interesting to note, the guy is a left wing whack job. Maybe the gun control should be towards people with minimal emotional control (leftist). :huh:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Gee and this goes right along with The internet ID...

Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress

The whole thing about any law to stop this is bull ****. and any lawmaker that goes along with this (let me be the first to be banned from the internet, and punished for name calling) is a dumb Ass and a complete idiot. Not to mention being unAmerican, and undeserving of the office.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Because of a few

350 million others will have their Rights Refused ???

Take A Hike Lady

Hit the door:nuts:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
makes me sick, how the left is trying to exploit this unfortunate event....when will they learn, guns dont kill people- people kill people...

my HK USP compact .45ACP is on my hip when ever I am not home, with a round in the chamber- yet it is completely safe until I fire it....sad day when we blame the tools of wack-jobs....I have an idea lets blame the auto manufacturer when someone is hit by a car!

·
Super Moderator
8,519 Posts
just a thought?
how long would that wack jobs shooting spree have lasted if we previously have MANDATED every adult take a couple weeks of gun safety and self defense training every 5 years and MANDATED every adult that passed that training and had never been convicted of a felony or deemed of questionable sanity had been required to be armed.
example

http://www.rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
just a thought?
how long would that wack jobs shooting spree have lasted if we previously have MANDATED every adult take a couple weeks of gun safety and self defense training every 5 years and MANDATED every adult that passed that training and had never been convicted of a felony or deemed of questionable sanity had been required to be armed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7FDTpzGvo
Israel has mandatory draft/ armed service and it dont help...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Ever heard of Switzerland? And, how come all the cities int he US with the toughest gun laws, have the most gun crime?
Perhaps it's the criminals committing the crimes?? :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Perhaps it's the criminals committing the crimes?? :thumbsup:
never...can't be....only people who purchase firearms legally commit crimes with them...

I live in a cul-de-sac that is mostly military...trust me there are plenty of firearms on my 1 block street :laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Gee and this goes right along with The internet ID...

Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress
The whole thing about any law to stop this is bull ****. and any lawmaker that goes along with this (let me be the first to be banned from the internet, and punished for name calling) is a dumb Ass and a complete idiot. Not to mention being unAmerican, and undeserving of the office.
I completely agree.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts