Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has i outlined in one of my posts,i was going to try and use a comercial carpet dye to do the interior carpets,but low and behold the color sucks.i am now going to have to get a complet. set ,any sugestions ,to who can provide ,at the best price ,and also looking into new seat covers.all sugestions are welcome on this too.:huh: kenny,and as allways (save the wave) 1984

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
kenney said:
has i outlined in one of my posts,i was going to try and use a comercial carpet dye to do the interior carpets,but low and behold the color sucks.i am now going to have to get a complet. set ,any sugestions ,to who can provide ,at the best price ,and also looking into new seat covers.all sugestions are welcome on this too.:huh: kenny,and as allways (save the wave) 1984
I need new rear carpet in my GS, I'll be doing a little research, we can compare notes.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
kenny, thanks for posting the update.

Regarding the new carpet you may want to hold out for the spring and summer car shows and see what deals you can get. That's my plan on the 91 since it can use new carpeting.

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
kenney said:

Kenney-

I can't speak about the carpet, but I will say that regarding the seat covers be careful. The previous owner of my "94 had replaced the covers with ones he ordered (I don't know from whom) which fit pretty loosely. Well, over time, this began to bug me, so last week I took my car to a very reputable trim shop in Dallas to have them stretched. The resulting work was that the upholsterer had to take the seat covers APART, trim the individual pieces, add more padding, and sew them back together before reinstalling them. If you DO decide to order from one of the catalogs, you might consider spending the extre money for one of the complete seat packages offered. An alternative to ordering a set would be to just have your originals copied. They would fit "exactly" at least.

good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts