Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody ever tried the carpet dye that is sold by the can,to restore there carpets??,i have been looking at mine and they are in good shape just sun faded in the rear deck area.i was planing to replace ,but was told by my local shop that i should try the dye first,be fore going to a full replacment.save the wave kenny 1984

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
kenney said:
has anybody ever tried the carpet dye that is sold by the can,to restore there carpets??,i have been looking at mine and they are in good shape just sun faded in the rear deck area.i was planing to replace ,but was told by my local shop that i should try the dye first,be fore going to a full replacment.save the wave kenny 1984
the dye works good for awhile...but you have to remember that your dash, seats, and all plastic in the interior is also faded...we died the carpet in my old mans 1980 and it look pretty good....

if i where you i'd try it out and see how you liked it...

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Would have never thought about carpet dye for a car. :thumbsup:

I learn something new everyday on this forum.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carpet/interior dyes

was looking through 1953-2003 master catalog from corvette america pag# 126 84-96 interiors and they have the dye in either 16 oz cans or quart cans,along with the primer need for the plastic parts,and i think i will give it a try,wish me luck.has all ways (save the wave) kenney 1984,ps. price for all about 50$ thank all,and you to ragvette

·
Registered
94 Posts
I tried it in my '85 and I wasn't pleased with the results. I going to take it to a upholstery shop and see if they can make it look better. It may cost a little, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts