Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Last Friday nite, we went to Dyer, IN. There's a 46 Nash for sale. This car is in remarkable condition. All original, with some surface rust. It had to be in a barn or garage for the last 30-40 years. The guy wants $2800 for it. I'm real tempted.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
biltogo said:
Last Friday nite, we went to Dyer, IN. There's a 46 Nash for sale. This car is in remarkable condition. All original, with some surface rust. It had to be in a barn or garage for the last 30-40 years. The guy wants $2800 for it. I'm real tempted.
Lots of good deals out there...

Cool car. But are you willing to invest the time and the money to bring it back to life?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Lots of good deals out there...

Cool car. But are you willing to invest the time and the money to bring it back to life?
We're looking for a project car. Kathy wants a 56 Caddy convertable, and I want a mid 50's Mercury convertable.

But when something pops up, we look, ya never know, the right car for the right $$ kind of thing.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I hate to see that. Maybe because I rescued a 55 that looks like those. The sad part is the owner will tell you "I'm gonna restore it" Yea right the guy I got my 55 from has two more and won't let either one go.:(

·
Registered
375 Posts
There's a '68 big block vette in my neighborhood thst is in some sad shape. Been outside for years. Like raidmagic says, this old guy that owns it says he wants to restore it. It kills me to see a 427, 4 speed convertable sit and rot like that.:(

Maybe Big Law Man and I can find some way to have the city force this guy to give it up or restore it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I see those every time i go to my Aunt and Uncles house out in the Boon Docks. My uncle must have 10 cars in pretty good condition out in the forest behind his house. When we go four wheeling and drive by them the Chrome bumbers are in great condition. He just doesnt know how much money they would be worth to the right people.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, its a shame for those cars to go to waste. The people that own them don't even know what they have. :(

·
Registered
382 Posts
My first car was a 1937 Chevrolet. It was in a barn for 30 some years till the barn's owner died. Then the guy who worked for them rescued it. He drove it for awhile then sold it. I then bought it after the second guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts