Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Carseat question for a 2003 Z06

1275 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Gryphon109
I've got a 2 year old that you'll see in my avatar and I'm wanting to buy a 2003 Z06. Question is, can I safely use a carseat in it? I know that the airbag has to be off but are there hooks in the seat and is there a latch in the rear of the car for the carseat restraint (for the top of the car seat)?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
There are people who do it - I have a little guy just a bit younger than yours, and at first I was very much into the idea of him going along for rides with daddy. However, the more I thought about it, the less safe I think it would be to have him there with me. He'd be a lot closer to the crash energy than he would be in the back seat of a "regular" car, and he'd also be low to the ground in the line of impact (but the way the car seat lifts them up a few inches, a lot of him would be above the window line in dange). I decided that he'll have to wait until he's older to ride in a Corvette.

While I was researching this question for myself, I bookmarked a few threads on DC about car seats and Corvettes. I have them on my computer at home, but sometime tonight, I'll get those and link them for you so you can make your own choice.:thumbsup:
See less See more
I appreciate your concern. The only times he would be riding in the vette would be to and from day care. 35MPH residential streets and just a few miles would be his "sitting next to Daddy in the vette" time.
Does the 2003 Z06 have the clips in the crease of the seat and the clip ,behind the passenger seat, for the restraint as well?
Does the 2003 Z06 have the clips in the crease of the seat and the clip ,behind the passenger seat, for the restraint as well?
no
Thanks Firebird dude!!! I appreciate it!
I have 2 kids, one 8 who rides with me all the time and one 2 who never has ridden with me yet. My wife gets nervous if I even attempt to put the car seat in the Vette.
Carseat question

The LATCH System is to be attached to the anchorage points. This is specifically for child restraint systems. I believe this was a new to the 2003 Z06. The owners manual goes into detail on how to secure the child seat. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bill
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.