Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2 year old that you'll see in my avatar and I'm wanting to buy a 2003 Z06. Question is, can I safely use a carseat in it? I know that the airbag has to be off but are there hooks in the seat and is there a latch in the rear of the car for the carseat restraint (for the top of the car seat)?

·
Registered
167 Posts
There are people who do it - I have a little guy just a bit younger than yours, and at first I was very much into the idea of him going along for rides with daddy. However, the more I thought about it, the less safe I think it would be to have him there with me. He'd be a lot closer to the crash energy than he would be in the back seat of a "regular" car, and he'd also be low to the ground in the line of impact (but the way the car seat lifts them up a few inches, a lot of him would be above the window line in dange). I decided that he'll have to wait until he's older to ride in a Corvette.

While I was researching this question for myself, I bookmarked a few threads on DC about car seats and Corvettes. I have them on my computer at home, but sometime tonight, I'll get those and link them for you so you can make your own choice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your concern. The only times he would be riding in the vette would be to and from day care. 35MPH residential streets and just a few miles would be his "sitting next to Daddy in the vette" time.

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have 2 kids, one 8 who rides with me all the time and one 2 who never has ridden with me yet. My wife gets nervous if I even attempt to put the car seat in the Vette.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carseat question

The LATCH System is to be attached to the anchorage points. This is specifically for child restraint systems. I believe this was a new to the 2003 Z06. The owners manual goes into detail on how to secure the child seat. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts