Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is involved, computer wise, to do this swap? Does it make a difference to the computer what the heads are made of?

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
the computer cant tell the differance,the engine will be very likely to run slightly cooler and be less prone to detonation under loads, generally theres few bad and almost all good points to swapping to aluminum heads, BUT your likey to NEED to keep the coolant (antifreeze) to water % percentage higher to prevent corrosion. but the swap is generally a great idea

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I ask is because my vette had a hypertech chip in it and on the box it said that it was for an 86 with cast iron heads so I thought that there might be a big difference between the cast iron computer and the aluminum computer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
rips-vette said:
What is involved, computer wise, to do this swap? Does it make a difference to the computer what the heads are made of?
I only cab tell you what I have encounderd. You can do some engine upgrades and you use a adjustible gasregulator, give is some more boost, and along with your new aluminum heads (edelbrock performer heads) you will gain some exstra power. But when you will do more engine upgrades, I did the Accell SuperRam, TPIS headers, no kat, rollerrockers, holly 1000cfm TB, B&B tri-flow......your vette could come in a close loop.......goodby your 100HP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts