Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the debate is forever on going between catch can and oil cap breathers but i thought i would post my findings after several months with catch can and between 3k and 5k miles, when i ported my intake i was amazed at the oil residue on the inside of it. that when i started looking around and bought a catch can. ne way today i pulled it off the car and WOW!!!!!! i couldn't believe the nasty stuff inside.... i poured it out on a white plastic plate and took a pic so i could post it. it is being approved and i will add it shortly. i not sure where this nasty stuff is going when you use a oil cap breather but i for one am not trying to send this into my engine........ anyone that would like to i will save mine for you...:lol: it about 6 oz of nastiness in this amount of time!!! also in my case this would be going thru the s/c and intercooler b4 going into the motor....

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Eewww.:lookinup:

·
Banned
972 Posts
I bought the CCA one

:cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like this simple equation:

PCV system = garbage can prop rod.
Vent crankcase to the atmosphere and Greenpeace can kiss my ass.

Can I get an 'amen', olddog???!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
somebody had some bad mexican food....

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope. this car is my baby. seems odd to have 700 hp and then never use it....well wont say never. a lambo or two have meet the wrong guy a coupletimes:devil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts