Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, DC crew, I ran into an accident this morning, the guy in front of me plowed two cars, and I wasn't able to stop short enough.

The damage wouldn't have been as bad, but the guy had a tow hitch in the back of his truck that tore right through the front of the car.

All that's hurt right now is my pride,
but it's just a car and will soon be repaired.....

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Man, that sucks! Glad you are OK. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
:surprised :thud: Damn...Sorry..

ZEP

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
:thud:WoW, Sorry, that hurt my eyes. But, you are ok and you were able to drive away.............Hope your day gets better and the car too:cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
circus in town

ya need a better story. how bout circus in town and elephant broke loose and sat on you hood?

ins co ain't gonna buy that but....

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Man those tow hitches really do a number huh? That sucks. Good luck with the repairs.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,567 Posts
Well, if you ever wanted an aftermarket front end now would be the time

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Really sorry to see that, but it sounds like you have a good attitude about it, and most importantly no injuries.

I hope you can get everything fixed up as painlessly and quickly as possible.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, i am actually surprised how well i'm handling this, i would have though i'd have been in tears.

Should turn out alright, the front end was getting blasted (rock chips) driving it so much (350 days a year) here in Colorado.

i actually don't mind the factory bumper cover, but i may consider an aftermarket hood, i've seen some cool ones around, any suggestions?

Otherwise, i'm just kicking myself in the ass for not leaving that extra 2 ft of clearance it wouldv'e taken, I suppose my next upgrade will have to be a sweet brake system....

but here's to a C5 as a DD!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
...but i may consider an aftermarket hood, i've seen some cool ones around, any suggestions?
Might I recommend one with a center hood scoop somewhat larger than a trailer hitch? In fact, it looks pretty close to a C6-Z06 front end as it is now!
:thud:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts