Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a Corvette lover from Germany and have a C4 ZR-1 1991 and a C4 L98 1990.
I need a little assistance and have a question at you.
my ZR-1 has a defect ECM # 01228331 (CCM error code 41 Loss of ECM Serial Data Communication )
At present a replacement ECM is inserted (which I have years ago bought in the USA)
who can repair my old ECM # 01228331 ?
With GM is the ECM “OUT OF STOCK”
Also perhaps someone, which modules are needed for the Tech 1A in order to implement the Reprogrammierung (VIN, Milen, option code) of a CCM for a Corvette C4 1991?
Property I bought a replacement CCM and would like to buy also a used Tech 1A, so that I can implement this in the service case.
Or is the Reprogrammieren possible also without Tech 1?
i have Diacom and TTS DATAMASTER

Is it possible in emergency, after the programming the VATS code (is located in the GM service manual) into the new CCM, also longer than 100 miles to drive, if does not have Tech 1 to programming the VIN, option code and miles ?

Apology for my bad English

Thanks for your help

Greeting
Raimund

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
there is a Programming module for the Tech 1A, but I am unsure of the name.

I have been told that the CCM must be programmed within the first 100 Miles, as you mentioned. Now if you have to drive further to get it programmed, just unplug the VSS at the trans, car will run bad, but still run.

I am confused, did you replace the ECM or CCM?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a Programming module for the Tech 1A, but I am unsure of the name.

I have been told that the CCM must be programmed within the first 100 Miles, as you mentioned. Now if you have to drive further to get it programmed, just unplug the VSS at the trans, car will run bad, but still run.

I am confused, did you replace the ECM or CCM?
@Jeff
I have a new ECM in my car and would like to repair the old ECM
now the car runs good, no error codes
where is it possible to repair the ZR-1 ECM in the USA ?

I would like to buy a tool (like Tech 1) to exchange later the CCM, if it has problems (in some years)

Raimund

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
@Jeff
I have a new ECM in my car and would like to repair the old ECM
now the car runs good, no error codes
where is it possible to repair the ZR-1 ECM in the USA ?

I would like to buy a tool (like Tech 1) to exchange later the CCM, if it has problems (in some years)

Raimund

1) not sure of any place directly that rebuilds the ECM, I think they are avail in a remanufactured unit though

2) search eBay, they tend to pop up on there every once-in-a-while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts