Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I decided that i want a set of CCW SP500's for my black 04 Z. The only problem is...the cheapest i have found them is $2600 for a set. That just seems a little rediculous to me.....So i need advice. Is there anywhere i can find these wheels cheaper? Are there any other brands that make a similar design? Keep in mind i like a very simple wheel. Has to be chrome....probably has to be a 5 spoke. Any advice on other types of wheels that you guys hae or have seen? Post pictures if you can. I am getting new wheels and tires when my factory tires wear out. At the rate im going...it wont be long. My back tires generally have a short lifespan. Haha. Thanks for any help and advice.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hey guys. I decided that i want a set of CCW SP500's for my black 04 Z. The only problem is...the cheapest i have found them is $2600 for a set. That just seems a little rediculous to me.....So i need advice. Is there anywhere i can find these wheels cheaper? Are there any other brands that make a similar design? Keep in mind i like a very simple wheel. Has to be chrome....probably has to be a 5 spoke. Any advice on other types of wheels that you guys hae or have seen? Post pictures if you can. I am getting new wheels and tires when my factory tires wear out. At the rate im going...it wont be long. My back tires generally have a short lifespan. Haha. Thanks for any help and advice.
First, if you think 2600 is too high I suggest you price HRE's or Forgeline.
Second, CCW does not make a chrome wheel. They make polished wheels.
You will not find the quality of wheel that CCW makes for half the price of the so called "big boys". I suggest you check out used sets but the cheepest I have seen is 2250 and that was with some blemishes.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
One of our supporting sponsors; Corvette Garage have a nice wheel/tire package special going on for CCW. Link to the left.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Cray Scorpion is a really nice rim dual five spoke chrome with a big lip. I paid $2200 canadian.

Funny, I just saw a set of these on a black C5 during my drive into work this morning. They looked nice. I think they were chrome.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought a set of SP500's last winter... 18/19 with C6 Goodyear F-1 EMT's and new TPS for just under $4K. Seemed like a good deal to me... save up the $$$ and go for it! They are a bargain when compared to the other wheel manufacturers, and their customer service is incredible!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. i think im going to bite the bullet and just buy them this winter. I am going to do wide rear fenders and the CCW's. I am also going to tell the body shop that i dont want a nick or scratch anywhere when i get it back...hopefully when i get done with it it will look better than new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts