Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been registered on here for a month or so, was trolling to get more information about the C6's. Anyways, my name is Craig and I just moved down to Charlotte, NC from Chicago and picked up my C6 yesterday on the holiday.

Its a 2005 Lemans Blue 'Vette, I picked it up from a Chevy Dealership in Atlanta and drove it back to Charlotte last night. Its a 6 speed manual & has the HUD, which BTW I love.

The car didnt come with an owners manual so my main nOOb question is how do you set the car to not move the seatback & adjust the mirrors when you get out? I move the seat around and the mirrors everytime that I get in, and its kind of annoying.

Anyone live in the Charlotte area? I'd like to meet up with some people.

Heres a few pics, Ive got more in hi-res, these are just teasers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Craig, :buhbye: Welcome to DC:buhbye:

I'm here in South Carolina by way of Michigan (Go Blue:thumbsup: )

Sounds as if you have the memory package. I'll try to help you without going out to the garage and looking in my car so let me know if this info is helpful.

To cancel your settings you have to set the settings in your driver information center (DIC). Set by using the 2 buttons (Options and Reset) on the bottom on the right.

Cycle thru the settings until you get to one that allows you to set "Auto Exit Recall" settings (this is the setting your car will move to when you set the parking brake, cut the car off, and open the driver door)

Then just select the "NO"

Remember too that the settings are Fob dependant so if you use Fob #1 (see back of fob) you can have different settings than Fob #2 and that you have to set both to not activate if you use both Fobs

To reset the setting just select "YES"

After you put the seat and steering column in the position you want for exit. On the driver door are three buttons one with 1 on it and one with 2 with another between those two that looks like it has a picture of an open book on it.

To set your exit setting hold that buttom until it beeps twice at which time your exit setting for that Fob has been set. Which means everytime you set the parking brake, cut off the engine and open the door the seat will go back to that position (basically so you can get out of the car easily)

PS Pictures;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Craig, :buhbye: Welcome to DC:buhbye:

I'm here in South Carolina by way of Michigan (Go Blue:thumbsup: )

Sounds as if you have the memory package. I'll try to help you without going out to the garage and looking in my car so let me know if this info is helpful.

To cancel your settings you have to set the settings in your driver information center (DIC). Set by using the 2 buttons (Options and Reset) on the bottom on the right.

Cycle thru the settings until you get to one that allows you to set "Auto Exit Recall" settings (this is the setting your car will move to when you set the parking brake, cut the car off, and open the driver door)

Then just select the "NO"

Remember too that the settings are Fob dependant so if you use Fob #1 (see back of fob) you can have different settings than Fob #2 and that you have to set both to not activate if you use both Fobs

To reset the setting just select "YES"

After you put the seat and steering column in the position you want for exit. On the driver door are three buttons one with 1 on it and one with 2 with another between those two that looks like it has a picture of an open book on it.

To set your exit setting hold that buttom until it beeps twice at which time your exit setting for that Fob has been set. Which means everytime you set the parking brake, cut off the engine and open the door the seat will go back to that position (basically so you can get out of the car easily)

PS Pictures;)
OH NO YOU DIDN'T! <== Buckeyes fan since I was born & raised in Cleveland.

As for the memory function, Ive figured out holding button #1 and programming the keyfob. Still gotta workout that exit memory function.

I'll get the pics up by the weekend.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome to the Carolinas :D Im in Shelby, bout an hour west of you. Theres one or two clubs in Charlotte, but Im not sure of the quality of any of them, so I wont name names. Im getting a few things straight with my 75 ATM, so if you dont mind a bit of a wait, I dont mind a ride to the QC lol.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Welcome to DC Craig :buhbye:
Nice pics :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts