Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody out there with a '92 clue me in on how to reset this light? I can't seem to find anything in my Mitchell on Demand program.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
If no one responds today I will let you know tonight when I check the owners manual.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cal. I don't have an owners manual.

I don't have the car here at work today and I can't remember the sequence.

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Take a small phillips screwdriver and place it in the center of the light, then take a big hammer and smack the **** out of the screwdriver. That should make the light go out.

Please don't really do this!:laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Not sure if yours is the same, but here's the info for the '95...

Be sure to reset the monitor when your oil is changed, even if the CHANGE OIL light didn't come on. If you don't reset the monitor, it won't work correctly. Follow these steps:

1. Turn the key to RUN, but don't start the engine.
  2. Press ENG MET on the Trip Monitor. Then, within five seconds, press it again.
  3. Within five seconds, press and hold GAUGES on the Trip Monitor. The CHANGE OIL light should flash.
  4. Hold the GAUGES button until the CHANGE OIL light stops flashing and goes out. This should take about ten seconds.
When the light goes out, the monitor is reset. If the monitor doesn't reset, turn the ignition off, then try again.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Reaper. I'll give this a try tonight, although I do like the screwdriver idea better..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
turn the ing switch on do not start pump the gas pedal 3 times wot or maybe it is 4 . turn off the ign . and then try again I had a 95 truck that was 4 times the 05 is 3 times and the 03 is controled by the stearing wheel control switches.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Take a small phillips screwdriver and place it in the center of the light, then take a big hammer and smack the **** out of the screwdriver. That should make the light go out.

Please don't really do this!:laughing:
:thud: :rolling:

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Not sure if yours is the same, but here's the info for the '95...

Be sure to reset the monitor when your oil is changed, even if the CHANGE OIL light didn't come on. If you don't reset the monitor, it won't work correctly. Follow these steps:

1. Turn the key to RUN, but don't start the engine.
  2. Press ENG MET on the Trip Monitor. Then, within five seconds, press it again.
  3. Within five seconds, press and hold GAUGES on the Trip Monitor. The CHANGE OIL light should flash.
  4. Hold the GAUGES button until the CHANGE OIL light stops flashing and goes out. This should take about ten seconds.
When the light goes out, the monitor is reset. If the monitor doesn't reset, turn the ignition off, then try again.

:
95 and 92 work the same way. Sorry for the delay, I didn't get online last night.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. I jotted down the instructions and will try them tomorrow. I'll be packing a screwdriver... ya know.. just in case...:cheers:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick thanks for the help. No more yellow blasting in my eyes at night! If ya'll lived closer, I'd buy the beer! Oh, and didn't need the screw driver..:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Quick thanks for the help. No more yellow blasting in my eyes at night! If ya'll lived closer, I'd buy the beer! Oh, and didn't need the screw driver..:thumbsup:
My idea would have worked quicker.:laughing:
Glad you got it taken care of.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts