Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm been following the debate about changing to 160' on the thermostat. Some say it doesn't do anything unless you also reprogram the fan to start at 180' or there about. Others say they made the change, added water wetter and did not get reprograming. OK here is what I did not really knowing who is right. I drained the radiator enough not to make a mess, the anti-freeze drains onto a frame member. OH I got to see some of the scratches on the supports from the Bowling Green Plants, now I have to touch up some big scrapes so I don't get rust. So instead of 208' to 212' now I get 181 to 183 , without reprograming the fans, YES the AC was on, its always on in the Gulf South. THATS WHAT I got temp wise.:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
388 Posts
When I initially installed mine, I would get temps around 170 while cruising but it would creep up to 210-220 at idle, if hot. After my tune, I see 160-165 while cruising and if hot with the AC on, like it is in Florida now, I see as high as 200.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took a ride today about 60 miles, outside air temp 93' water temps still in 180's. I'm not set agin' a program setup, just hate the dealer experience. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts