Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past year I switched the engine in my '81 coupe and got rid of the old 190 hp (at the crank) engine & put in a 350 with all sorts of goody's including Holly Tuned Port Injection - Acell - Electronic Control Module.
In the car it came out of this engine made 325 hp at the rear wheels, we've had a heck of a time finding someone to program the computer & although it runs well, it's slow .. I dyno'd yesterday and it has 207 hp at the rear wheels with 330 pounds of torque .. I know the problem is the computer .. I'm thinking of going back to a Edelbrock intake & a good 4 barrel carb .. what do you think??

:buhbye: :surprised

·
Registered
749 Posts
since you've gone that far, why not remove the computer? it will mean changing the distributor, but at least you won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I thought Holley provided everything needed to program that sucker?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MGA thanks for the link -
I know that almost everyone fudges their HP #'s, but not usuall by this much ... but following much advise, I've found a Tuner in my area, & he says that I'm running "pig fat" and so that should help some .. (but not 120 horses) .. so I think I'll let him have a shot at tuning it & then see what to do. Thanks for your help ...

:seeya :cheers:

·
Registered
749 Posts
i've heard both good and bad things about "performance" chips. i guess the only way to find out is to try one out, or have one programmed. i believe in that link he talks about throwing the car on a dyno and having a chip programmed(?)

anyway, good luck with that and post back and let us know how you made out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts