Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 78 i'm rebuilding and i have done some minor mods during the process. (stepped up the cam, vortec heads, 700r4 and a holley 600 carb)
my question is where to connect the hoses from the gas tank charcoal can. i've connected the tank to can hose and i have 2 1/4" hoses connected to a t-fttg, and a 3/8" hose that are not connected.
any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Are you simply looking for vacuum ports to tap into, or are you looking for factory location connections?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
which ones need to be connected? the aftermarket holley has no "carb bowl vent".

Not sure on which is the tube to be connected to the vacuum source, though I would assume the larger tube is the vacuum tube and the smaller is a vent tube.

Your vacuum source doesn't need to be carb specific, as long as it's intake, and separated from the headlight and brake system.

Can you post a pic of your manifold behind the carb?

Typically there is a vacuum port there that can be used for these things. Sometimes they are plugged, or have a 'T' installed.

You might just need a tree instead of a 'T', which will give you an extra nipple or two to use for these types of things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts