Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you clear a " charging system fault " ?? This came on after a battery change and repeats itself every 10 minutes .

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I take it hitting the reset button does not clear it...Any one know???

·
Registered
99 Posts
I checked alldata and seems that the battery voltage sets that off. You may want to drive the car for bit to get the battery up to voltage. Is the voltage meter on the dash reading above 13.5V. It appears from the alldata info, it is clearable by repairing the problem. i would check your terminals to make sure they are clean. Also it may be worth a shot trying to clear it from DIC, but alldata said nothing about clearable. It would be a P0562 or P0563 Code. Good luck, hope this helped

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had that message on mine. Needed a new alternator. Good luck with yours

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked alldata and seems that the battery voltage sets that off. You may want to drive the car for bit to get the battery up to voltage. Is the voltage meter on the dash reading above 13.5V. It appears from the alldata info, it is clearable by repairing the problem. i would check your terminals to make sure they are clean. Also it may be worth a shot trying to clear it from DIC, but alldata said nothing about clearable. It would be a P0562 or P0563 Code. Good luck, hope this helped
The battery voltage runs between 13.7 and 14.2. I have been driving the car long enough that everyjthing should be charged.
I will check the terminals again tonight.
I'll check to see if any codes on the DIC are back and try to clear them again.

Thank you for your imput.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
You might have to run to the local auto parts store and have them check the ALT.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey no problem. hope it works out for you, agree with everyone above if the terminals are fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts