Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 C6Z. I have been looking at harness bars, roll bars, tunnel plates, etc. I am looking for advice to solve a problem I have. I think I have too much flex in the body. Not due to horsepower, it's due to my crazy driveway. Because of the V-shaped dip, I have to pull off the road in a 45 degree angle to avoid smashing the front. It is so off camber that my rear wheel lifts, the traction management kicks in and the body creaks. Once I start up the driveway the body panels seems to creak and shift back. The results are that I am developing more and more rattles. The car has 12,000 miles and rattles like it has 112k. Hell, my rear hatch wiggles around from it and the interior panels show wear marks on the paint where they meet the painted door sill. :surprised

Anyone use any products that might work for me?
Due to my height I can't use any product that prevents the seats from going fully back against the rear wall.
I looked at a pretty solid harness bar that bolts the B-pillars together. WCC sells it at http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-1215-corvette-harness-mount-bar-brey-krause-05-10-c6-z06-zr1-grand-sport.aspx

or would a tunnel plate work better?
Any experiences would be welcome.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the best I can figure from online research is that I probably need a tunnel plate.
There are several brands out there. Anyone ever use one and notice a difference?
They seem like a real pain to install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tunnel plate

I have an 07 c6 vert and the insulated tunnel plate helped, but, as I drive over those rolled curbs both at home and at work the flex came back. All in all it was worth the money/time. I intend to fill in the lowest part of my drive with quick setting hydrolic cement to fill in an inch or more of the curbage

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I run a tunnel plate and a track bar. My car is tight with no rattles. My car has almost 50k miles with at least a couple of hundred hours of track time on it.

:cheers:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fix the driveway or buy a new house:thumbsup:
:smack

I would love to, but I live on a state road, so permits (i checked) will take about 6 months and since it is beveled to control water to the swamp.....er..uh...water fowl refuge...area I have water control issues. Which is why it is beveled that way...and the price would be over $10k to put in a bridge/culvert type system.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check out Pfadt racings chassis stiffening bar I had one in my C6 Z06 and it was great, and easy to install.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/

Looks like that interferes with the seat travel. DOes it? I have to be against the firewall. Or maybe it is just the passenger seat it blocks a little. I only care about the driver :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I run a tunnel plate and a track bar. My car is tight with no rattles. My car has almost 50k miles with at least a couple of hundred hours of track time on it.

:cheers:
What kind of track bar?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts