Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Ive been able to work out a few issues with my 2002 ZO6 thanks to the great feed back. Now I removed the ABS module. Sent it to ABS fixer. After puting it back in the cars abs light is still coming on from time to time. :WTFSometime it will come on as Im cruising down the hwy or at time if Im heavey on the gas it will come on. Not sure what is going on? Second thing id the check engine light came on and after checking the codes it is showing me p0410hc (secondary air injection) and p0801hc(reverse inhibit solenoid circuit. The car seems to be running just as it did before.It has been harder to get into reverse.:huh: Has anyone experienced either one or both of these codes and any suggestions on how to remedy the issue?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello all, Ive been able to work out a few issues with my 2002 ZO6 thanks to the great feed back. Now I removed the ABS module. Sent it to ABS fixer. After puting it back in the cars abs light is still coming on from time to time. :WTFSometime it will come on as Im cruising down the hwy or at time if Im heavey on the gas it will come on. Not sure what is going on? Second thing id the check engine light came on and after checking the codes it is showing me p0410hc (secondary air injection) and p0801hc(reverse inhibit solenoid circuit. The car seems to be running just as it did before.It has been harder to get into reverse.:huh: Has anyone experienced either one or both of these codes and any suggestions on how to remedy the issue?

Follow junk mans break down he usualy gives the best info on diagnostics. I can tell you from experience the secondary air injection code on other gm vehicles is an issue with the air pump. The last vehicle I messed with, that had that code had just a blown "hiddin" maxi fuze, also ive heard of to much moisture getting into the pump.

Also why did you send out the abs module if you had a transmission code. IS this a 6 speed or an auto. It sounds like a six speed there is a solinoid on the driver side of the transmission its not hard to remove once you jack the car up it sounds like its not pulling in and you cant get the stick into gear. 7 times out of 10 its the solinoid other times its a broken wire or a ecm. Solinoid is the best bet. BUT Follow the break down first.

And if your handy with electrical. Pull the solinoid out and test it with a 12 volt source and a ground. See if the solinoid moves if it does not then its no good. If it does at least you narrowed down the problem is in the wires or ecm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
10 days and 465 dollars later, my check engine light is off and the heater controls work? Connection? The code was for failure of ox pre heater? They eventually found no power to ox sensor. Finally, the heater failure led them to bad ingnition switch. This cured both problems. Go figure. Why is there no service bulletin or is this the only time in history for this problem?????i know that i made it home with heat and no check engine light.
Ok junkman lets hear from you. Has this appeared on any of you repairs?:wtf

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I would have to know a lot more about what they found in order to comment on this. I would especially need to have the exact wording of their diagnostic findings (provided they identified all the components correctly). When you turn the key, a lot of connections are made so it does not surprise me that the ignition fixed both issues. As to if this is a common issue, I would say no to your exact problem but the ignition is known to fail sometimes and cause all kinds of weird issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i had not seen this exact situation on te forum. i knew you would like to know the outcome for your info center. i will try to get the exact codes if the are still in the dic. if not , i am on a personal level with the tech now. in any case, it is fixed and i can drive with some confidence, and heat!
by the way..hope you had a merry christmas...don't celebrate the new years too hard

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Thanks, and the same for you! :cheers:

I have the schematic for the ignition so I can see what it is tied too. I can also use the flow chart that is used to determine a bad part but I need to know what the exact findings were to make them look at the ignition to start with. That's the secret to understanding your failure. ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks, and the same for you! :cheers:

I have the schematic for the ignition so I can see what it is tied too. I can also use the flow chart that is used to determine a bad part but I need to know what the exact findings were to make them look at the ignition to start with. That's the secret to understanding your failure. ;)
junkman happy new years to you and be safe my man

·
Registered
20 Posts
codes

you're are right of course. i know the tech had to contact gm to update some electrical info he did not have.i do not know if the obII led them to this or if it was a lucky guess. i will try to find out. as you are groud zero for a lot of us underinformed guys, its all i can do to get some info to you that might help another guy down the road. thanks for your help and your service. looking forward to visiting more military bases with the CROWN ROYAL #17 nascar show car this year.( even the marines)

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
junkman happy new years to you and be safe my man
Back at cha' my friend. :cheers:

you're are right of course. i know the tech had to contact gm to update some electrical info he did not have.i do not know if the obII led them to this or if it was a lucky guess. i will try to find out. as you are groud zero for a lot of us underinformed guys, its all i can do to get some info to you that might help another guy down the road. thanks for your help and your service. looking forward to visiting more military bases with the CROWN ROYAL #17 nascar show car this year.( even the marines)
Hey, I'm over here learning just as much as you guys are! All of your post help me and others here so keep on posting. Let me know if you all end up at Fort Knox in Kentucky. I'll have to come out and break off some cow for the grill. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts