Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Z and had the K&N CAI and Borla Stingers cat back with X pipe installed today.The check engine light came on.The car runs fine.Will a "tune" fix these codes or should I just disconnect the battery and reset the computer? Thanks.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Try the simple fix first (if you haven't already tried it).
Unscrew the gas cap and put it back on and make sure you tighten it until it till you hear 3 clicks. A loose gas cap will cause the check engine light to come on.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
After installed an intake the C6s will often throw codes while the car is learning. If the CEL is not blinking it is not serious. After two or three cycles (start, drive, and shut down) the code will clear if the car is adjusting to the new parts.

I would suggest getting a code reader if you plan on modding your car. As stated above these cars throw codes for all kind of little problems as well as serious problems. I had the gas cap CEL after my GF helped me on the road by finishing the fill-up while I was inside the store. She didn't want to over tighten the cap and left it loose - CEL.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I drove mine for 100 miles and let the computer relearn, then reset the light and no prob since.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Get a code reader and you will find out that your running to lean (too much air) No big deal as the computer will relearn and adjust itself. But you need the reader to read and then reset the check engine light. I have a similar setup and everytime I get and oil change and they reset the computer the light comes back on and I have to clear the code again. Getting a tune will stop it from happening because you permenatly reprogram the computer not just temporarily reset the computer. make sense?

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
my 2 cents was disconnect battery and connect the CEL went away still everything is ok but its not a corvette though

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the responses.I bought the Diablo Predator and will have the car into my "tuner" on Wednesday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts