Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 96 coupe and when I took it out for the test ride it had the "check gauges dummy light" on. They are taking care of it before I pick it up on Tuesday but was wondering if this is anythingi I should watch out for in the future, just for my mind set when I get it.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,746 Posts
grapeknutz said:
Ask them what the code was for, usually it a emmisions code.
welcome to the site and enjoy!:cheers:
:agree: Make sure they tell you what the codes are in case there is a problem in the coming weeks. If you have a problem, they might be more responsive on helping out if it was pre-existing.
Welcome to digitalcorvettes:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Welcome !!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
The Check guages light means; low oil pressure, low charging voltage or high engine temp.
Make sure you ask what they did to repair it

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts

Let us know what they found out on the 96.

FYI, I just replaced the fuel filter on my 96 at 40k miles, it turned out to be why the car was not making the power it should. It was clogged!

Happy vett'n....:excited:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Everyone!!!!!

I will be going down on Thursday (weather permitting) to have them fix the noise in the steering and I'll ask them then what they did to eliminate the check gauges light.

They've been really good to me so far. Plus I have a couple of people I know that work there including one of the managers so when I went in he kind of snapped his fingers and someone took the car right in to be looked at. Kind of nice having someone in the dealership to get you that little bit more when it comes to service ya know!!

I'll take advantage of that one for sure! Also I'm going to throw a 3/36K warranty just in case something is wrong after storing it through the winter and my 90 day will be over with. Better to be on the safe side I think... plus my fiance is paying for it for my b-day that is on the 22nd of this month. :D

Thanks again everyone, seems like I'm gonna fit in here fine. :partyon: Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts