Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys these are the pictures of my bottom end that I took after the new shop took off the top end. The owner invited me over and I took pictures of my bottom end. As you can CLEARLY see nothing was done to the bottom end. THis was suppose to be my bored out bottom end with a rebuild kit that includes forged pistons. The old shop where I took it too charged me for work that was not done.

Those pictures were taken April 19th, 2007 and if you check out my previous there. WORK IN PROGRESS which I took pictures of the bottom end BEFORE the old shop said they were going to work on it you can clearly see there is no difference. I feel cheated but im going to get my money back. As you can see I have proof.

WORK IN PROGRESS THREAD
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73413&highlight=Work+Progress

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you already confronted "old" shop with this?

Hopefully, you'll get a refund without going through a Court process.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did confront the shop about this and you want to know their excuse?

That the "machine shop" they took it too didn't do anything but still charged the shop for the "machine shop work" and "rebuild kit".

When they got the block back it was another mechanic and not the owner who put the block back in and the mechanic didn't know what was going on.
so basically they told me they didn't know that the dirty block that they were putting my heads on and everything else was actually my old block. Do they expect me to believe this????

i know they are lying because they wouldn't tell me what "machine shop" they took it to and can't funish the receipt from buying the "rebuild kit"

like most of you already know. They charged me for work that wasn't done.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well honestly the new shop asked me if its possible to have the shop stay out of this...for now. The guy is very professional and just moved his performance shop from phoenix. And I would understand the last thing he would want is animosity between shops but he has mention how bad he feels about how they handled my vehicle from the old shop. I do respect his wishes and I don't think I would really need his expert opinion unless it lands in court.

but I really don't think the old shop is going to do that. After they see that I have actually documented a lot they are going to realize that they have no other choice but to refund the money. I don't think they are going to take it to court and risk having to pay three times the amount I originally claimed.

I'm actually taking my receipts and pictures to an attorney on tuesday to see what he thinks im entitled to as a refund. Honestly I just want my money back and move on and I would really like an attorney's advice on what kind of refund im entitled to.

That way when I confront the old shop again I can feel confident about what im asking for.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Who's to say they even took the block out? Get pics of the bell housing and motor mounts to see if they've even been wrenched on.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
TRUST ME HERE! THE CHANCES ARE 99.999% the FIRST SHOP, NEVER REMOVED THE OLD SHORT BLOCK FROM THE CAR.....THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS,

PERSONALLY ID give them one quick chance to return EVERY DIME OR ID BRING THE INFO/PICTURE and STORY TO BOTH THE LOCAL PAPERS INVESTIGATIVE GUYS AND A LAWYER, THE B.B.B. (BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU) and THE STATES ATTORNEY......then AFTER getting the money back ID still do all the listed actions.....but Id only proceed, only after they refused, or failed to offer me some serious EXTRA compensation, youve got to assume at this point it was a total screw up, not dirrect fraud, but any reluctance to rectify the problem would have me spending WEEKS RUINING THIER BUISINESS DUE TO THE FRAUD/SCAM....ID BE POSTING ALL THE FACTS, DOCUMENTS AND PHOTOS ON LINE TOO!, after checking with a great attorney FIRST AS TO WHAT I COULD SAFELY DO! JUST BE SURE YOUR ON FIRM LEGAL GROUND FOR EVERY STEP!

BTW THIS IS ONE REASON TO ALWAYS PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD, FRAUD/SCAMS GIVE YOU SOME RECOURSE THRU THEM ALSO!

BTW I purchased a deluxe car lift for $3995, used a VISA, to an out of state supplier, they charged the card but never shipped the lift.. I had documented EVERY E-MAIL, PHONE NUMBER AND NAME, PART PRICE AND DATE!, VISA looked into it and refunded 100% of the money scammed, but by that time I had the STATES ATTORNEY IN BOTH STATES WITH DOCUMENTATION, youll be surprised at the recourse you have if your persistant and vindictive

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is a good move on your part to find out your rights before confronting the shop owner. Been following your situation and have determined that no amount of money could pay for the anguish they put you through. Best of luck !!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TRUST ME HERE! THE CHANCES ARE 99.999% the FIRST SHOP, NEVER REMOVED THE OLD SHORT BLOCK FROM THE CAR.....THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS,

PERSONALLY ID give them one quick chance to return EVERY DIME OR ID BRING THE INFO/PICTURE and STORY TO BOTH THE LOCAL PAPERS INVESTIGATIVE GUYS AND A LAWYER, THE B.B.B. (BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU) and THE STATES ATTORNEY......then AFTER getting the money back ID still do all the listed actions.....but Id only proceed, only after they refused, or failed to offer me some serious EXTRA compensation, youve got to assume at this point it was a total screw up, not dirrect fraud, but any reluctance to rectify the problem would have me spending WEEKS RUINING THIER BUISINESS DUE TO THE FRAUD/SCAM....ID BE POSTING ALL THE FACTS, DOCUMENTS AND PHOTOS ON LINE TOO!, after checking with a great attorney FIRST AS TO WHAT I COULD SAFELY DO!

BTW THIS IS ONE REASON TO ALWAYS PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD, FRAUD/SCAMS GIVE YOU SOME RECOURSE THRU THEM ALSO!
your exactly right grumpy. I'm going along with their story about the machine shop not doing the work right. That's why I want to go talk to the attorney and get his opinion on what compensation im entitled to considering if they screwed up or not. I must include the fact that I paid the new shop to disassemble the top end so i can see that no work was done on the bottom end.

on tuesday ill go talk to the shop and take them all the proof(copies of course). They know what happened and I understand that they cheated me but I will give them a chance to return my money. I was the nicest person to them and gave them a lot of time.

I assumed that they never removed the block. I never saw it out of the car and i was there quite a few times. But at this point the only concrete proof I have is that the bottom end work that I paid for was never done. I'm sure that is all I need to prove.

I trusted them and I paid by check....why? because they told me their credit card machine was done. Now that I look back I now realize they were probably playing me from the start. I just cannot believe they would do something like that. but hey ill fix this!

Ernesto

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
had a shop screw with me once, it took me awhile but I got SEVERAL videos of them pouring anti-freeze in storm drains and releasing freon into open air, funny how OSHA and THE EPA found copies of about a dozen things like that.....

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
had a shop screw with me once, it took me awhile but I got SEVERAL videos of them pouring anti-freeze in storm drains and releasing freon into open air, funny how OSHA and THE EPA found copies of about a dozen things like that.....
revenge is a dish best served cold!:devil: :devil: :devil:

I really don't think the first shop is going to hold out on me once they see my proof and after speaking to an attorney. I really don't think they have a lot of money and won't risk court. I just want my money that im entitled too back and like I said move on.

but if they don't then ill have to move this whole thing along and possible take them to court. hopefully ill have my money back early this week. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Do not cross this man! :thumbsup:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
:spanked: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
guess what guys? Today I texted one of the guys who works at the shop about getting my money back. After they told me the story on how the machine shop didn't work on my block by accident and sent it back to them.

Now they are telling me that the machine shop made a mistake again! that they DID work on my block and it was another 350 block that they were talking about....:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

omg this is too funny!

first of all they TEXT me that i was going to be my money back because the machine shop screwed up and then they text me back saying they would need to see proof. I bet they really think I didn't take off the top end because I haven't told me what shop im at. Now way!

for sure im going to keep those texts....

i talk to the attorney tomorrow so we'll see what kind of refund I should ask for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
engine was changed

Look at the engine closer. It was changed the water ports from the block to the head are shaped different. Not sure maybe this is a different year block??? You will have to do some checking. Just some thing I noticed. Hope you get it fixed.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Look at the engine closer. It was changed the water ports from the block to the head are shaped different. Not sure maybe this is a different year block??? You will have to do some checking. Just some thing I noticed. Hope you get it fixed.

:agree:

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's just the glare from the angle of the one picture(and the effects of the flash).....the gaskets leave a good portion of their reflective material down on the engine block before their scraped and cleaned off.....I've had some pictures of LT1's with heads freshly taken off do the same exact thing.......When this happens, It makes it look like the heads (big and oddly shaped) water jacket openings are really on the block, but they're not...the blocks ALL have round holes in them...........Joe:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts