Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
The "Vegas Dealer Stories" BS

I am probably one of the biggest corvette enthusiasts out there and I constantly dig for information on vettes (From directly at Bowling Green to auto shows to local dealers). Every dealer I have spoken too including government sales managers that I do business with say that teh C6 has absolutely been under lock and key and no one outside of Detroit (Vette Design teams) has been allowed to have ANY information on the C6. Why would Chevrolet allow a bunch of "Dealer nobody's" to see the C6 when even the GM employees have no data to share. It is just not logical that GM would have an open door show for dealers to allow leakage of information on the C6. My opinion is that these "Vegas" related posts are all BS. The only people with data are the few "detroit based" design and test teams. Everything else is BS...

T

·
0 Posts
One thing is certain. There are dealers who have been in the car, driven the car, etc., etc.

This is America and money (or the desire to take it from you) can get you in anywhere.

The question is, is this one of the dealers?

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I have a feeling that after the long wait and all the hype, there are going to be a lot of disappointed folks, when the C6 does finally debut. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Aztec

Bob88con said:
I have a feeling that after the long wait and all the hype, there are going to be a lot of disappointed folks, when the C6 does finally debut. :rolleyes:
Especially Since the the same designer as the Aztec is in charge of the C6..talk about GM putting the american supercar future in the hands of a.....

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
^
|
|
Hey, Hey,Hey!
The aztec was a car designed on its purpose, It dosn't look very appealing in a sporty way but thats because its not a sporty car. I say we give the guy a chance before badmouthing the car we have not seen.

IMO->I think what I have seen in the C6 spy pics is really impressive w/ the side scoops and all.
Just My opinion

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Fenwick said:
^
|
|
Hey, Hey,Hey!
The aztec was a car designed on its purpose, It dosn't look very appealing in a sporty way but thats because its not a sporty car. I say we give the guy a chance before badmouthing the car we have not seen.

IMO->I think what I have seen in the C6 spy pics is really impressive w/ the side scoops and all.
Just My opinion
it was also diluted by a committee of bean counters after the initial design was developed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Fenwick said:
^
|
|
Hey, Hey,Hey!

Just My opinion
AZTEC is still ass ugly and an embarassment to GM..my opinion..

·
Super Moderator
10,129 Posts
Re: The "Vegas Dealer Stories" BS

jerseyvette said:
Why would Chevrolet allow a bunch of "Dealer nobody's" to see the C6 when even the GM employees have no data to share. It is just not logical that GM would have an open door show for dealers to allow leakage of information on the C6. My opinion is that these "Vegas" related posts are all BS. The only people with data are the few "detroit based" design and test teams. Everything else is BS...
My first post and I have no desire to offend, but my father was a small chevy dealer for 7 years. Every year he was invited and attended preview new car showings - usually in Vegas. Propaganda is passed out by GM marketing folks and sometimes prizes are awarded to those who prove they've read it.

I asked him if they ever showed vettes there and he said that every year GM rolled out a vette.

The fact that soooo many of these Vegas Viewers are reporting the same or very similar descriptions, plus my father's experience, lends creditability to the comments IMO. Besides, have you looked at a 360 Maranello? Some similarity to that front end would definately NOT turn me off.

T

·
0 Posts
Greetings Longtimer,

This is a pretty cool place to hang out. You sure brought up some good points about being a dealer.

I grew up in the car business and while there was never anything as secretive as the last couple of Vettes, dealers are ALWAYS in the loop. The manufacturers may not listen to them, but they are still in the loop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
clout

mr. jersey,
Did you know that if all of the GM dealers pooled their funds they could easily buy GM? They are quite a wealthy bunch of nobodys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts