Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my girlfriend drive my car (I know, I know) and she swiped a curb getting on the freeway... There is outer rim damage and that’s it... It is scraped pretty bad...

Question:
Do I have to get a new rim, or can I have this machined...? Any suggestions... I will post a picture of my rim once the site admin approves it.

-Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
mirandom said:
I let my girlfriend drive my car (I know, I know) and she swiped a curb getting on the freeway... There is outer rim damage and that’s it... It is scraped pretty bad...

Question:
Do I have to get a new rim, or can I have this machined...? Any suggestions... I will post a picture of my rim once the site admin approves it.

-Mike
Sorry to hear about this. My wife asked me when she was going to get to drive my Corvette. I thought for about 10 seconds and said; "NEVER." She got mad but at least my car is not damaged. I think I need to start hiding the keys. :)
 

·
Web Head
Joined
·
15,763 Posts
mirandom said:
I let my girlfriend drive my car (I know, I know) and she swiped a curb getting on the freeway... There is outer rim damage and that’s it... It is scraped pretty bad...

Question:
Do I have to get a new rim, or can I have this machined...? Any suggestions... I will post a picture of my rim once the site admin approves it.

-Mike
I think that the more important question is about the girlfriend. Is she totally hot enough to warrant some driving classes so you can keep her? :laughing:
Post a pic of the rim, can't really tell what needs to be done sight unseen.
 

·
Web Head
Joined
·
15,763 Posts
VetteMike said:
Sorry to hear about this. My wife asked me when she was going to get to drive my Corvette. I thought for about 10 seconds and said; "NEVER." She got mad but at least my car is not damaged. I think I need to start hiding the keys. :)
Thats what I keep telling my wife :smack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Trick for the girlfriends or wives

See the trick is to get a manual transmission. Many females arent comfortable driving a stick. Make sure you buy her Auto vehicles and if she can drive stick, then tell her it has a special racing clutch with multilple stages and whatever else you can throw in.

I don't have a wife, but I'm perfectly fine with lying to girlfreinds to protect my vette!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
mirandom said:
I let my girlfriend drive my car (I know, I know) and she swiped a curb getting on the freeway... There is outer rim damage and that’s it... It is scraped pretty bad...

Question:
Do I have to get a new rim, or can I have this machined...? Any suggestions... I will post a picture of my rim once the site admin approves it.
-Mike
A new rim? How about a new girlfriend! :laughing:

Seriously, there is a place out in LA (I believe) that repairs damaged aluminum wheels, I don't recall the name but I'm sure you can find it on a search engine, look under "wheel repairs" or "aluminum wheel repairs." Success!

EFE Z06
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,593 Posts
Ridin_Dirty said:
See the trick is to get a manual transmission. Many females arent comfortable driving a stick. Make sure you buy her Auto vehicles and if she can drive stick, then tell her it has a special racing clutch with multilple stages and whatever else you can throw in.

I don't have a wife, but I'm perfectly fine with lying to girlfreinds to protect my vette!
HAHA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,526 Posts
EFE Z06 said:
A new rim? How about a new girlfriend! :laughing:

Seriously, there is a place out in LA (I believe) that repairs damaged aluminum wheels, I don't recall the name but I'm sure you can find it on a search engine, look under "wheel repairs" or "aluminum wheel repairs." Success!

EFE Z06

They actually come out to your house and do it now depending on how bad it is. We'll see after you get your picture up.

And why tell her its a racing clutch?

Just put one in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse for a new set of rims.

You can either keep what you have or trade them in for new shiny pair.

Go for it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,909 Posts
rhduntov said:
how about a picture of the girlfriend?????
:agree:


(That way we can tell if the rim damage is worth it) :laughing:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,365 Posts
rhduntov said:
how about a picture of the girlfriend?????
:agree: Wasn't going to say it but....did she offer to make up for it;):laughing:

IF it's just curb rash thats easliy repaired...ask me how I know....over and over and over.......:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
gmcdougle said:
Sounds like a good excuse for a new set of rims.

You can either keep what you have or trade them in for new shiny pair.

Go for it!
Well put!!! Get new rims - you will never have a better excuse.:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will post a pic of the rim and of my chick once the site admin approves it...

She is a keeper, but I am still pissed off! It happened about 2 minutes after she took the wheel...

She was probably listing to Justin Timberlake or something gay like that and was lost in the music... You know girls, totally oblivious of their surroundings..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Well, I would just buy a new rim. Keep the girl. Havent you always heard "cheaper to keep her". It would probably be a lot less hassle just buying a new wheel but somebody else may chime in on a better solution.
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
39,440 Posts
Get a new rim but keep the old one and turn it into an end table. As for the girlfriend... Well you firgure it out
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top