Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been tosed around a few thousand times. I need to replace the chip in my 88, codes tell me it's chip or ECM. I replaced ECM and problem still there. Now, do I go to a performance chip of some sort? Anyone had any luck with them actually producing a performance gain? How about the Jet 6-pack module? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Now, do I go to a performance chip of some sort? Anyone had any luck with them actually producing a performance gain? How about the Jet 6-pack module? Any input would be appreciated.
Nothing you can buy " off the shelf " will do any good ; too generic / one size fits all

IF you require a new chip ,
get a custom one burnt ; can have any of the engine parameters adjusted to your specific requirements if needed
Fans on at different temp , convertor lockup at different speed , VATS deleted etc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like an idea. Can you point me in a direction? Who can do this for me? Or is it something I can purchase parts for to do myself?

·
Registered
92 Posts
PCM forless made my custom chip cost me 200.00, I have a ADS superchip I would sell ya for 50.00 plus shipping if you wanted to try it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts