Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 years later I found a bad "Choke" switch - had an intermittent problem where Choke light would stay on after initial start. 2 - 3 starts later it would go out. Bought a new Choke switch for $10.00(located in center console) and problem is gone. Even shop manual doesn't mention this switch

·
Registered
749 Posts
thanks for the info, jon. i've read several posts where people have had choke problems and no one ever mentioned that switch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think my choke switch is bad too. Are you talking about the choke heater relay that you replaced in the console? Anyway, where did you get the part? Maybe part number too:)

Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Choke switch..

Nice find Jon..but some pics and location of swtich would be nice..so we can see. Thanks again for any info in advance and grats on your repair!

Joe:partyon:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe - Part should be available from Chevrolet Dealer. I purchased mine and then matched it up in the console by shape of connector and shape of relay. Sorry, do not have any pictures. It was easy to find - just in front of seat (mid-way in console). Just remove the carpeted side of the console (driver's side). Part Number is 14089568. The original Part Number is 14039662. I've since purchaesd a 14039662. The part runs around $12. If you can't find one, I'll sell you this one for $12 + shipping as I'm not taking the console apart again. Let me know. Good luck - hope it solves your problem also.

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts