Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I saw the other thread and the link to your webpage and I have a question for ya!! What size TT II's and tires did you buy?? I have a white 76 and I'm lookin to put the TT II's on this summer along with new tires. Any info would be great. Thanks.

By the way, your car looks tight!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the compliment on the car! It's been a labor of love (ie. wrench, beer, checkbook :laughing: ).

The TT II's are 17x8" with standard 4" offset all around. No clearance problems... as a matter of fact, I have more clearance since the sidewalls don't bulge out as much. The tires are Nitto 450 Extreme Performance (255/50). It's a perfect match to get the stock 27" diameter. You'll like the Nitto tires if you go that route. Excellent performance...

FWIW, the TT II's have had their share of problems. Mainly runout (wobbles a tad). I've replaced one already, and the local dealer is bringing in another new set to try and find some good ones to give me a good set. I've heard it's not all that uncommon with the TT II's. Maybe the 17's are tougher to get right than the 15"? Dunno. I tried to find other wheels to replace them, such as the Edelbrock 409, but they had some problems with their molds. And the Boyd Coddington Genesis 5 is cool, but they only build to order and I didn't want to take the chance or wait. So now just waiting for some new TT II's to arrive. I hope they work it out, 'cause it's a great looking wheel on a C3. :cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!! I was tryin to decide on what size of tire and rim. I didn't know if I wanted to go w/ 18's or 17's. And I didn't know if I could go w/ x 8's or x 9's (width). But you side you have plenty of clearance right?? :cool: Anyway, it'll be a couple months....I've gotta finish paying of the new Fastburn ZZ4. lol. :laughing:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Even though there's more clearance, going with a wider wheel may be a problem for clearance. I didn't want to fool with spacers or moving the E-brake cable bracket. The tires are almost 1/2" wider across the tread, so it turned out looking pretty good.

Fastburn ZZ4 = :cool:

:buhbye:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, by the way.....did you paint your ZZ4 block another color or did your leave it black?? Just wonderin. I was thinkin about painting mine orange for the stock look, but I wasn't sure how hard that'd be.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's black. The ZZ4 was installed just prior to my getting the car. I added the 700R4 and the 3.54's (along with all the other upgraded rearend stuff), and all new exhaust with jet-hot coated headers. It's still got all the smog stuff along with the computer carb & dist, etc. Kinda kills the full potential of the ZZ4, but it ain't too shabby. Best 1/4 was 13.6 @ 102mph. Just a tad better than a 190HP stock motor with 2.87 gears... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, yeah...just a tad.

Your car is definately tight! Mine's white too, about the same color,which is why I said something to you. I've seen a couple off white vette's w/ the TT II's and didn't like them....the rims looked too bright for the car. But with the white like ours, it looks phat! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts