Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can any professional singer muff the national anthem during the super bowl? she really needs to pay back what she was paid for this god-aweful performance....

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Yeah, I could've swore she missed a verse.....

The young lady that "sang America The Beautiful" did pretty good though.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I'm not sure how she went from being one of the most talented young singers in recent times to this. I don't know if it's substance abuse or something else, but her voice just isn't the same, her performances aren't the same, and she's aged 25 years in the last five.

·
Registered
358 Posts
What makes me the most upset is it's the NATIONAL ANTHEM. Sing it the way it was written, and don't do your own rendition!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
:agree::agree: I said to my wife that that was the worst rendition I had ever heard, and there have been some bad ones over the years.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was waaaay worse than when Rosanne Bar did it....waaaay worse....

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Severe Suckiness! And what kind of halftime show was that? If Slash wasn't there............Well, you know:nuts:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Severe Suckiness! And what kind of halftime show was that? If Slash wasn't there............Well, you know:nuts:
yea, but that was an aweful cover they did....

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
yea, but that was an aweful cover they did....
Slash was ok. Her? What key was she singing in, anyhow? There is only one Axel!!!!!!:partyon:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes, once again the national anthem was butchered, and the only thing that saved the halftime show for me was the amazing lights and technical display.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Yes, once again the national anthem was butchered, and the only thing that saved the halftime show for me was the amazing lights and technical display.
You're pretty easily amused, I take it :laughing:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
this performance provides proof that aquilera's mouth is only good for one thing..and it ain't singing.

the black eyed peas sucked ass too

·
Registered
296 Posts
:crazy:
Amazing lights and technical display? The right-side of the "V" in LOVE was INOP. Nothing amazing about that...PMCS.

They should have had Katey Perry sing the National Anthem. She has a voice and at least seems patriotic:thumbsup:

She sang a great for the troops in that VH1 show saluting the troops,

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
:agree::agree: I said to my wife that that was the worst rendition I had ever heard, and there have been some bad ones over the years.

BINGO! I turned to my wife and said,

"how do they sleep at night after paying that bimbo for destroying the national anthem like that":crazy::lookinup:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Christina Aguilera is (or was) a talented singer, but she butchered the National Anthem badly.

Why do "artists" so often feel that they need to warble, screech and belt their way through our National Anthem? It should ALWAYS be sung as written. "Grace notes" rarely have any grace at all, and no place in this song. Sure, a nice 3 or 4-part harmony rendition is fine - but leave out the nonsense. After all, this song is NOT supposed to be about the performer. It isn't a "showcase" for your vocal talents, or in too many cases the lack thereof. It is an honor to be asked to sing it, but please remember it ain't about you.

You have been tried in the balance, and found wanting.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The Peas sucked and so did the commercials this year! :down:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts