1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,899 Posts
300 C ???

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Not crazy about the wheels in the photo but I like the car and I am sure other wheels will be available.

Glad to see the Hemi V8 return to the marketplace.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
300 C ???

Nice lines. I especially like the wide whitewalls. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loggins1 said:
Looks like a bently knock off.
the new Continental GT and this where designed around the same time :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Bob88con said:
Nice lines. I especially like the wide whitewalls. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Wasn't this the model that had the wedge-head 413 with criss-cross ram induction tube manifolds with two 4-barrels, one in the lower-right and the other in the upper left looking at the engine from the front?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, a neighbor of my Dad's in the early 60's had one. It could lay about 400 feet of rubber and it had a push-button torque-flight automatic transmission.

:huh:

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Whats really surprising is that this hemi 300C in Car and Driver this month matched each zero to whatever acceleration numbers of the BMW "ultimate Driving Machine" 645 coupe...

After the launch of the 300C and the Dodge Magnum ..Dodge has announced the Dodge Charger is due for release.

Is it a true corvette competitor ? NO...neither was the late sixties charger but it sure did make for a fine car.

In the standard 300C ..the first car application for this motor..the car puts out 340hp and a whooping 390 lb/ft of torque.

I wouldn't be surprised to see even higher performance versions of this engine for the charger..

Zero to sixty in car and drivers test this month at 5.3 seconds is nothing to sneeze at..

Its a 40xx lb four door sedan..

fwiw..I'm impressed.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I like it!!! I've been trying to talk my mom into getting one. I think it would be a great car for her, and fun for me to borrow. :excited:

Unfortunatly, she thinks that if I like it, it will be to fast for her. She's probably right.

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
We went to the Houston Auto Show and I saw the 300C. I did not care for it. I like the idea of rear-wheel drive and the hemi V8, but I just did not like what they did with the body.

I know it is a retro look for Chrysler.

I really like the body style of the 300M, but I wish it were not front-wheel drive. It has plenty of power for a daily driver. My 300M is the intro model they releasd in 1999 which is one of the few models that had the 300 HP V6. After the intro they dropped the HP down to 265 HP (I think that was the power) I have even beat stock 5.0 Mustangs off the line and on top end.

I think Chrysler had a good design going with the M model, but lost track when they designed the C.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I like it a lot, it has that gangster chopped top look. But, I don't know if I would ever buy a Chrysler product other than maybe a Viper, I just don't trust their quality.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Based on their original prototype, we were looking forward to getting one.

Just not much in a mood for a Mack truck! Sorry D/C

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Deluxe said:

2 door convertible vs 4 door sedan.....not the same concept...just the same name...

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The convertible may be out in the future, you never know with Chrysler, they have a good record of putting show cars into production.

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Deluxe said:

The prototype are sweet looking!

I have to agree, the front end of the C model does look like a semi...not a hemi.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts