·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry no pics yet....

Chrysler ups Crossfire performance with supercharged SRT-6

By AUTOWEEK

MOVE OVER SRT-4 AND Ram SRT-10.

Those hot Dodge models from Chrysler’s Performance Vehicle Operations shop are about to be joined in the showroom by PVO’s first stab at a souped-up Chrysler: the 2005 Crossfire SRT-6.

Due in September 2004, the Crossfire SRT-6 follows the May 2004 introduction of the sharply styled Crossfire Roadster convertible. SRT-6 is powered by a supercharged version of the car’s current 3.2-liter V6 engine borrowed from the Mercedes-Benz SLK320. Output jumps from the 215 hp provided by the naturally aspirated 3.2-liter engine to at least 330 hp. The supercharged engine makes 349 hp in the SLK32 AMG.

Chrysler’s chief operating officer Wolfgang Bernhard promised 0-to-60-mph times at about five seconds for the supercharged Crossfire. The hotter Crossfire gets special wheels and badging and a fixed rear spoiler replacing the motorized pop-up job on the current model. Chrysler will make the SRT-6 engine available on the coming Crossfire Roadster, along with all-weather Z-rated high-performance tires.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Is this it??

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope that looks to be a standard crossfire :)

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EFI-1 said:
[crosses fingers]:)
look at germany...600 hp cars are coming out in like crazy....

AMG 65 series (S, SL, CL)
MB SLR
Porsche Carrera GT
Ferrari Enzo

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Punk Boy said:
look at germany...600 hp cars are coming out in like crazy....

AMG 65 series (S, SL, CL)
MB SLR
Porsche Carrera GT
Ferrari Enzo
Well, let's hope the good times are here to stay long enough for us to get into one of those 600hp factory cars!:thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
2 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crossfire SRT-6 is first Chrysler with SRT badge

For those who aren't familiar with the abbreviation SRT, Dodge uses it to stand for Street and Racing Technology. Now Chrysler is also going to use the SRT badge for the Crossfire coupe and roadster, which will also be the first SRT vehicles available outside North America. Chrysler will present the 2005 Crossfire SRT-6 at the Geneva Auto Show, which opens to the public on March 4.

Unlike the Dodge SRT versions, which have bold looks and extreme performance, the Chrysler SRT vehicles will be understated and feature refined performance. The Crossfire SRT-6 is equipped with a hand-built 330-hp 3.2-liter supercharged V-6 with 330 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. It is teamed to an upgraded five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick. The SRT-6 will be able to perform the sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 5 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph. The engine delivers 90 percent of peak torque in a broad power band from 2300 to 6200 rpm.

For optimal performance, the Crossfire SRT-6 has a sport tuned suspension with increased spring rates and performance tuned damping and ultra high performance Michelin Pilot Sport tires: 225/40 ZR-18 (front) and 255/35 ZR-19 (rear). Also the ESP is specifically tuned for dynamic driving. Four ventilated disc brakes with dual-piston calipers should stop the fast Crossfire from 60 to 0 mph in approximately 115 feet.

The body of the Crossfire is enhanced with a fixed rear spoiler and a front fascia chin spoiler. In the interior there is a special instrument cluster with a 200-mph speedo, hinting at its performance bent. Pearl nappa leather sport seats with suede inserts and bolsters and embroidered 'SRT-6' on the headrests provide the sporty look.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that wing would be the first thing to go

·
Registered
463 Posts
So is this just an AMG Crossfire? The Mercedes C32 AMG, if I'm not mistaken, is a 3.2 litre supercharged V-6 rated at 349hp. The Crossfire is built in Germany and is mostly Mercedes mechanicals.

BTW, here's a shot of the new Crossfire convertible I took at the Chicago Auto Show.

Attachments

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Not bad,0 -60 in 5 seconds is almost what a stock C5 auto gets.But after that i'm sure the vette would own it big time.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
falco84 said:
real sports cars don't have rear wings.
F40, F50, Diablo, Countach, Paganai Zonda, Bugatti Veryon

·
Registered
88 Posts
corvette, viper, mclaren f1, mercedes SLR, ferrari maranello, ferrari 456, ferrari 360 modena, testarossa...i would let the F40 and F50 slide because they're such 'track cars' but things like Lamborghinis...It's all show. Come to think of it, the two new lambos don't have wings do they?

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
falco84 said:
corvette, viper, mclaren f1, mercedes SLR, ferrari maranello, ferrari 456, ferrari 360 modena, testarossa...i would let the F40 and F50 slide because they're such 'track cars' but things like Lamborghinis...It's all show. Come to think of it, the two new lambos don't have wings do they?
they have rear spoilers.....and the lamborghinins didn't have them just for show...they functione....amd the F1 and SLP also fave spoolers that deploy at speed

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I can hear the lock now.
I wings on vettes,c5 doesn't have alot of options,c4s look great with them.It's so lame to agrue wings,it's mostly for looks.Thats like me ragging on cars for not haveing tinted windows.He pays the bills,he can do what he wants.
Here's Kalani's car with killer wing...
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/photopost/data/509/1146greg2.jpg

****changed to a link that was a huge pic**** punk boy

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's just that when I hear wing I think of a Civic with a 4 foot high erector set wing that isn't even centered half the time, and some punk 16 year old thinking he's the coolest guy on the road.

I just don't like wings. I think you could say 75% of cars with rear wings are just for 'looks' which often make the car look terrible. On cars like Grand Ams, Tiburons, Cavaliers, Sunfires, Hondas, etc. (where I most often see them) a rear wing serves no real purpose other than to make a common person think the car is faster than it really is.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I totally understand what your saying,we have those cars all over here.But i see it like,you don't have the same hair cut as me,so yours looks crappy.It's just for looks,one guy likes it,another doesn't.Some like tinted windows some don't.Rims,flames,stickers,etc.....If i don't like a certain car,i just walk by and check out another car.

I'm no honda expert,so this could be lame itself,but it could be a hazard for a front wheel drive car to have a rear wing,at 120 the wing will be working,if the hondas in a mean corner,maybe the front end will float because to much downforce in the back,car could lose front traction.I don't know,and will probably never find out for sure.:D

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
1,265 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
I totally understand what your saying,we have those cars all over here.But i see it like,you don't have the same hair cut as me,so yours looks crappy.It's just for looks,one guy likes it,another doesn't.Some like tinted windows some don't.Rims,flames,stickers,etc.....If i don't like a certain car,i just walk by and check out another car.

I'm no honda expert,so this could be lame itself,but it could be a hazard for a front wheel drive car to have a rear wing,at 120 the wing will be working,if the hondas in a mean corner,maybe the front end will float because to much downforce in the back,car could lose front traction.I don't know,and will probably never find out for sure.:D
I've been here so much times I'm leaving this one alone.:laughing:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts