Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler announced today that they are giving LIFETIME powertrain warranties on all new cars sold starting today, with the exception of diesels, fleet/governemnt cars, and SRT cars. I sense they are trying to make a huge jump in sales. My guess is this will force the other American makers to file suit quickly. If not, many commuters who punish their cars over the lifetime will most likely buy a Chrylser product. GM better step up to plate!

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/26/breaking-chrysler-announces-lifetime-powertrain-warranty/

·
Registered
759 Posts
Warranty doesn't apply to SRT cars? :lookinup:

I think they're counting on the rest of the car falling apart long
before the powertrain to the point the original owner dumps it.

Still...Good to see them stepping up now that they are an American company again.

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
i have a plymouth does that count for me even though its a 95 :laughing: :rolling:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warranty doesn't apply to SRT cars? :lookinup:

SRT is a seperate division, it's basically a custom motor. I don't blame them for covering those cars, the majority of which will be raced and beat to hell.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:agree:

You don't get much vehicle to go with the powertrian in the first place.

I have a 2000 300M I bought new...has over 155,000 miles and not one mechanical or body related problem. Hell, I'm still running the original battery in it :D

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
I heard one of the dealerships around here is very upset about that, seems that Chrysler will only compensate the dealerships for the parts under Warranty and not the cost of labor.

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
The dealers had better hope and pray that the power trains in new Chrysler products hold up well then.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have a name for guys like you... 1 in a million. :laughing:

:cheers:
Actually 4 in a million, I've never had a problem with the 4 Chrysler products I've owned. I know their tranny's always went bad but since they started using Mercedes tranny's and the "World" engine they really have not had a problem. I will go on to say this though.....GM's reliability isn't exactly stellar either. Let's see if they step up to the plate and match this.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I just bought a new 300 SRT8 a month ago. The car is rock solid. The fit and finish are superb. The interior is much nicer than in my 2005 Vette.

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
Do me a favor post a picture of your vehicle so i know what you are talking about thanks

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I bought a new 2002 CC 1500 RAM, that truck had all kind of electrical gremlims and of course the dealer couldn't find anything wrong. I traded it on a F350SD when it had 24,000 miles. A few months later I bought my wife a new 2003 Durango SXT. Another story of electrical / mechanical gremlins. The last dealer I took it to couldn't duplicate even 1 complaint. As we were picking the vehicle up, I put it in reverse and it proceeded to do 2 of the 4 things we took it in for. :laughing: I traded it on a 2007 Tahoe last year.

:cheers:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do me a favor post a picture of your vehicle so i know what you are talking about thanks

300C SRT8:

I just sold my Charger SRT8 and picked up a Lexus ES350:(My Charger is the same as this one)

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Or hop in line for a Challenger...
My next high HP car will be the Challenger! :partyon:

I'll be in Chicago in February for the debut of the production version at the Chicago Auto Show.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts