Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The journey has begun. The car shipped on Friday and was delivered yesterday to Custom Image Corvettes in S. Dakota.

My main changes are:
Ride Tech C2 Suspension tied to a Borgeson Box and Wilwood Brakes

And then the exterior is getting updated with custom rear flares, Stinger hood, new paint with white stinger stripe, and new Forgeline wheels (19 rear, 18 fronts)

Here's the color (Ferrari Azzuro California Blue)

And Wheels.

Stay tuned for updates.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will also be adding the FR Tilt Steering and the Detroit Speed electric headlight bucket kit.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Looks like some nice upgrades. Whats the time frame to have it completed.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
This is awesome! Can't wait to see its progress.

Side note: I've been eyeballing some Chevelles over the years to restore, and that exact blue color, Azzuro California Blue, is what I decided I was going to go with when I finally make the move:laughing: Awesome choice!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't wait to see that blue. I've gone back and forth on the color for 5 years. I hope it's as good as I've seen on the computer. Porsche fans swear it's the coolest color ever.

Here is a pic of the CIC flares. The plan is to get the Ridetech suspension on and then trial fit the tires and flares. I'm somewhere between 275/18's to 325/19's. Of course Josh is all about going wider.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ridetech Suspension in progress.....taking out the old VBP

The front RT suspension is in, and the back is almost complete. Interior has been gutted, VA is installed, and it's time to start working on the Flares and Tire sizing....more next week

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm excited to see the finished product, and quite jealous of the wheels you chose! I was so close to ordering those from Forgeline for my 71, but decided the $6000 was a bit high considering the rest of my car and my intended use (track days).

Can't wait to see it all done though! Going to be very cool with some very nice parts!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Josh and the CIC team have been working hard.....
Time for an update & lots of pics.

The body work is all done, and the gel coat has cured for about 10 days. We ran into a few small problems, but all fixed. Josh had a hell of a time getting the rear Ridetech setup installed because of the prior mods (82 Batwing rear end installed in 1997), but it's all good now. We also had some alignment issues that took a while to work out.

Here are the latest pics with gel coat. We go into paint in the next week or so. The pic with wheels are not my wheels.... mine are ordered and will be delivered in 3 weeks. I'm hoping we will be all done in 4 weeks or less.

Check out the "hips" on this girl!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Very nice job, can't wait to see her in paint!

:cheers:
Mark

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First primer last night. We should have color by the 4th!

Targeted delivery to me is on 7/17.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's some more pics....and now with the Forgeline wheels. Once we got some Clear on it, and got it outside, the real color started showing. It's not too dark....It's just as planned.
:cheers: :woohoo: :cheers: :rock:

And now outside

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
That is just frickin' AWESOME
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts