1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have seen this car already

But, In case you hav'nt or are looking for Idea's

Check This: It's clean,Original, Not over done

If you have interior Mods you'd like to show or have seen any cool mods on the Net

Post'em up

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts

That's Choreo's interior. He is the only owner of that Vette and has taken very good care of it.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Driver's side of my C5.

Passenger's side of my C5.

Jr.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those cars all look truely Fantastic *

Nice Job fella's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
238 Posts

If you have interior Mods you'd like to show or have seen any cool mods on the Net

Post'em up

DAMNNNN it just looks so clean in there!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts

Thanks for the :thumbsup:!

I just got my new camera rig assembled, so I will be taking some new/better photos soon, but here are a few more oldies, if anyone is interested (made a few minor improvements since these last photos)...

The original seat design as submitted to VE...

Some additional interior shots...

Some of the CF in the Engine Compartment...

Some Details...

In the stable...

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Hey Choreo, I notice you went with signal mirrors. Did your Vette originally come with self-dimming? That's the reason I didn't go with the Muth's. I didn't want to loose my self dimming.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's truly made this car unique to his personal tastes.

The engine baie looks phenomenal ! And thats nicest Heat Blanket in the engine baie I've ever seen,

I like the sport seats too, I hope to own a pair one day,

Much better than the seats that came in my Z06

Thats the cool thing about Auto Art,

You can personalize your car to your tastes,

Some people like wheels, Paint, detailing,

Others like electronic's, and custom center consoles

I'm a performance guy, But I appreciate some of the body mods others do to their cars,

Bon :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Hey Choreo, I notice you went with signal mirrors. Did your Vette originally come with self-dimming? That's the reason I didn't go with the Muth's. I didn't want to loose my self dimming.
Junkman,

Yes, I had the auto-dimming option when I ordered the car new. When I made the decision to go with the Muths, I had to give up the auto-dimming option on the Driver's outside mirror only (I was able to retain the heating option). I based my decision on two factors:

(1) The way I adjust my outside mirrors for maximum visibility, I never have a problem with seeing light from cars directly behind me in the Driver's mirror anyway.

(2) The added safety feature to protect the car far outweighed the loss of the comfort feature IMO.

I feel like this was one of the best mods I have done. It really helps alert someone (especially on-ramps) where they are right next to you and cannot see your rear lights.

I forget. Is it a C5? :laughing:
I hear ya... I had a really cool C5 Car Profile Logo that I originally designed to go where all the "C5s" were, but VetteEssentials rejected it as they said it would constitute a breach of their GM Logo license agreement??? Rather than argue the point, I just came up with a stylized "C5" logo which they accepted.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Junkman,

Yes, I had the auto-dimming option when I ordered the car new. When I made the decision to go with the Muths, I had to give up the auto-dimming option on the Driver's outside mirror only (I was able to retain the heating option). I based my decision on two factors:

(1) The way I adjust my outside mirrors for maximum visibility, I never have a problem with seeing light from cars directly behind me in the Driver's mirror anyway.

(2) The added safety feature to protect the car far outweighed the loss of the comfort feature IMO.

I feel like this was one of the best mods I have done. It really helps alert someone (especially on-ramps) where they are right next to you and cannot see your rear lights.
It's the "directly behind me" that irritates me the most, although I occasionally get hit from the sides. I have my mirrors set correctly but I guess it because of the way I sit in the car that creates the issue. I sit as far from the steering wheel as I can and still reach the steering wheel. I guess I sorta "lay" in the car. :laughing:

I love the option of the signal mirrors but I just can't give up auto dimming. Does your rear-view mirror still dim?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
It's the "directly behind me" that irritates me the most, although I occasionally get hit from the sides. I have my mirrors set correctly but I guess it because of the way I sit in the car that creates the issue. I sit as far from the steering wheel as I can and still reach the steering wheel. I guess I sorta "lay" in the car. :laughing:

I love the option of the signal mirrors but I just can't give up auto dimming. Does your rear-view mirror still dim?
I sit all the way back and laying down too, but in your case maybe you should try letting her drive, then you could face away from the mirrors AND be on top? :laughing:

The rear view mirror still auto-dims, but don't need it much with the rear tint.

If the driver's side mirror is adjusted as in the link, then you should not see any headlights behind you if they are in the same lane (except in the inside rear view mirror). If you are in the slow lane... then they show up. It took me a good 6-months to get used to adjusting my driver's mirror like that to where I did not naturally see the side of the car - it was VERY disorienting for awhile - especially since you are seeing objects move by much faster in the left mirror than when it is aimed more toward the back.

I first adopted this philosophy of mirror adjustment when I created about 1000 Safety Posters for Schlumberger to send out to all their driver locations about 12 years ago. If you are not used to it IMO it could be actually a danger as eventually you count on that driver's mirror to be set right - if it gets bumped, you may not notice it until it is too late as you may be looking too far to the left. Therefore, I ALWAYS check the drivers mirror position before each driving session.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The rear view mirror still auto-dims, but don't need it much with the rear tint.
Aha! Tinted windows I don't have because I wouldn't be able to see at night. The best rear view mirror that I ever had gave me a headache trying to look through it until I got use to it. It was somewhat of a fish eye mirror that allowed me to see all the way around the car from my shoulder to the other shoulder. That was back in the 80's and I have never found another like it. Man I wish I still had that mirror!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Aha! Tinted windows I don't have because I wouldn't be able to see at night. The best rear view mirror that I ever had gave me a headache trying to look through it until I got use to it. It was somewhat of a fish eye mirror that allowed me to see all the way around the car from my shoulder to the other shoulder. That was back in the 80's and I have never found another like it. Man I wish I still had that mirror!
Talking of tinted windows...
I originally had the 5% Limo tint done on the back window and 35% on the sides. Finally had to strip off the limo tint and go to 20% on the rear. With the limo I could not see out the back at all at night and just damn nearly totaled my car when I was backing up one night right into one of those pickups stopped behind me where the headlight were over my roof line. Did not see him at all - he hit his horn just in time or I would have slammed into him and it would have been "my" fault (not to mention humiliating)! Took the limo tint off the next day - it looked cool, but decided I did not care to look that good in the salvage yard.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Talking of tinted windows...
I originally had the 5% Limo tint done on the back window and 35% on the sides. Finally had to strip off the limo tint and go to 20% on the rear. With the limo I could not see out the back at all at night and just damn nearly totaled my car when I was backing up one night right into one of those pickups stopped behind me where the headlight were over my roof line. Did not see him at all - he hit his horn just in time or I would have slammed into him and it would have been "my" fault (not to mention humiliating)! Took the limo tint off the next day - it looked cool, but decided I did not care to look that good in the salvage yard.
I was wondering about the 5% thats why I have not done it yet, I may have to do the 20% like you,

But is there such a thing as "Solarized" tint like Solerized Glasses ?

Because if so the glass could be clear at night and Dark during the sunny part of the day :nuts:

I may look into that

1 - 20 of 28 Posts