Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Little after that fact, but I'll still post it.

I attened an All Corvette Auto X and Grissom AFB two weeks ago. I drove up with 3 buddies

Caravan went as followed
99 Corvette coupe (red)
96 Grand Sport (Me)
02 Corvette Z06 (EB)
00 Camaro Z28 (red headed step child)

We arrived and entered in are classes, thier were about 50 corvettes thier, we were all on street tires although thier were quite a few guys on Hoosiers.
I did my first 2 runs and I had the Fastest time of the day four all competitors. After the next for runs I was winning my event, and held the position for the next 8 runs when the event was over I know I was on top but I didn't realize how much. I had won my class by over a second on a 50sec course over a National Champ on Hoosiers (I'm told he never loses) Apparently he had made a few runs and was going to quit for the day until he saw the times I was running. Not only did I place first in my class but I managed to be the fastest in my group of frends by over one second. And plaved 4th overall behind 2 Z06's on Hoosiers (One a two driver car). Beat all of the other C5's and C4's ect including 3 Z06's two of them on Hoosiers.

As if I wasn't feel great already, I was approached by the man who scored Fastest time of the day. He walked up very excited telling me that he had been watching my runs and he couldn't belieave my car control :surprised Then proceeded to say that I need to get myself a sponcer and that I could without a doubt be a National Champ in A-Stock if I mounted hoosiers!!! We talked for awhile and I just really cannot beleave how impressed I was with my performace, I've Auto Xed about 4 times before that with the corvette always winning my class, but the compitition has never been more than one car other than myself. So I just wanted to let you just know about the Victory for the C4's and the Grand Sport. I think I'm going to go on ebay now and see what wheels AFS has up....afterall I need an extra set to mount up Hoosiers. I'm in so hurry I'm only 20 and I have alot of room to improve and fine tune my driving. :) :excited: :cheers:

I typed this fast and its late so please don't spell check

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,416 Posts
Congrats. That is really cool.
:cheers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, and I forgot that I left one buddy out. My friend Alex was driving his 99 FRC (Black) up with us also. He was having tire problems with his runflats which resulted in a less than desireable time.

I'll be at converse (Kokomo, IN) this weekend with the same group. I'll let you know how I do. Also thier is going to be an Airshow at Grissom this Sunday and the Thunderbirds are flying, whoever can (Patrick) or anyone semi close should try to make it down

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
MongooseLT4 said:
Thanks guys, and I forgot that I left one buddy out. My friend Alex was driving his 99 FRC (Black) up with us also. He was having tire problems with his runflats which resulted in a less than desireable time.

I'll be at converse (Kokomo, IN) this weekend with the same group. I'll let you know how I do. Also thier is going to be an Airshow at Grissom this Sunday and the Thunderbirds are flying, whoever can (Patrick) or anyone semi close should try to make it down
Close? That's 4 hours! Close is Hollywood Video!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I figured... First you miss the 50th and now this :D

your reputation as "Daily Driver Grand Sport" is going down real fast. You need to put some more miles on that thing. SHOW CAR DRIVER :nuts: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
MongooseLT4 said:
Yeah I figured... First you miss the 50th and now this :D

your reputation as "Daily Driver Grand Sport" is going down real fast. You need to put some more miles on that thing. SHOW CAR DRIVER :nuts: :laughing:
:laughing: I am ready to turn 40k miles, bubba! I am trying to get to 100k, driving her all I can!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't end up going to Converse. I bought FS Challenge 99-02 so that has been keeping me busy. :cheers: Partick, I'm definatly going to another Corvette event at grissom this weekend. Its both Saturday and Sunday, I'll be thier sunday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts