Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Cleaning my wheels

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  waynes world 
#1 ·
Some thing that I didn't see--------

You can see from those photos that my vette wheels had not been cleaned for a very long time.
I used any brand wheel cleaner that I spiked with extra muratic acid for strength, available at any home improvement store for concrete washing.
I scrubbed them with the Scotch pads from Menards & then rinsed. Then I sprayed again, this time I brushed those hard to clean areas & rinsed. The last spray & scrubbing remove the remaining dust that had been imbedded in the aluminum followed by a good rinse & dry.
The polishing was done with Flitz, 2lb. can, & a buffer.
The first polish was for applying the Flitz. The buffing with a buffing wheel in my drill was for shine. The last polish was for more shine with a good cloth.
This took about 8 hours to finish.

One last thing, you can go to a big truck wash & have them brighten your wheels to save time. The secret is in the cleaning ALL the crap off first.

The acid that is added is about 1 " on the bottom of a new empty bottle.
The polishing is good for polished surfaces.
This week I'm getting some Caswell Plating wheels & rouges to really polish the inside just like the outside.
It will keep that brake dust from eating into the wheels.

Now if someone will help me with uploading a photo I could share them with you all.

WAYNES WORLD

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Discussion starter · #6 ·
All photos have to be approved first, I'll check it out for ya.
Dan,

Thank you for the approval & instructions. I race a diesel truck & belong to 4 of their boards. They don't work in that manner, thus my confusion.
Has there been an issue with photos in the past?

Looking forward to some good times here.:cheers:

WAYNES WORLD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.