Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to no if every time you take your vette 2000 like mine you have to clean hit because only around the wheel is dirty the rest ove the car is clean so what do you take to clean only that area and not the rest that is clean

thanks

cuvette:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Like they said, clean the whole thing, it'll look better. :) :)

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
Yep, clean the whole thing. Everytime I find a dity spot to clean and then clean it, I find something else.

·
Registered
662 Posts
cuvette said:
i want to no if every time you take your vette 2000 like mine you have to clean hit because only around the wheel is dirty the rest ove the car is clean so what do you take to clean only that area and not the rest that is clean

thanks

cuvette:
Try Meguir's Final Inspection or Meguir's Quick Detailer. Either is great for cleaning the stuff kicked up by the tires. It will not remove wax and is non-abrasive. Spray it on and use a terry cloth towel or baby diaper to wipe off the dirt.

Use a California Car Duster to remove the dust that collects while driving.

After you wash your Vette use a California Water Blade to remove the water. It's made of medical grade silicon and is less abrasive than a terry cloth towel. It gets water off so fast there is no time for water spots to form.

Use only non-abrasive Carnuba wax (Meguir's #26) after you wash the complete vehicle. Do not use polish. Polish is abrasive and will cloud the clear-coat finish. Use a cleaner-wax only to remove substances that are not removed by soap and water, and only on those spots, never on the entire car. It too is abrasive.

Bon chance mon ami.

Ray

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Re: Re: cleaning the vette

RT66Z06 said:
After you wash your Vette use a California Water Blade to remove the water. It's made of medical grade silicon and is less abrasive than a terry cloth towel. It gets water off so fast there is no time for water spots to form.
:agree:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Always clean mine everywhere except the underside. Cleaned that about 6 times this summer before big shows. Its a bitch without a lift. A better question is how many people take there wheels OFF to clean them ? I have only done this twice this summer. :huh: Always take my case with detailer/cal. duster/micro towels/crap rag and bottle of water with me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
After every use I wash & wax & touch up the interior.....Alot of my friends break my balls & call me a WAXER!:nuts:
Have you thought about obtaining a restraining order against these people? And a metal cup? Actually, the Carbon-fiber cup is lighter, but you could buy a ton of wax for the difference in cost between aluminum and carbon-fiber.

Ray

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'm a wash & wax nut! Wash it a least once a week and wax at least once a month.:smokin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts