Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just picked up my 2007 VY Z
I am thinking of having the Autobahnd clear bra installed..
The price seemed to be a bit high at $950.00
They did say a lifetime warranty on the film though.

Does anyone know if that is the going rate for a Z or am I getting hosed?

Vone

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Better save that $950 for the next set of rear tires in a few miles...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I got one installed on my Z06 for $499, covers the entire front, up the top of the front wheel wells and the mirrors. I have the same on my C6 coupe, and its worked great. Definitely worth having it done.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I paid $600 for a 3M clearbra and 20% tint, I got a bit of a discount because I'm buddies with the guy, but you can find someone to do it for cheap. Do your research and get some good.

Don't get the headlights done (its kind of a waste of money from what I've been told).

If you want more info, under the C6 Aftermarket Forum section, check out 'Window Tint and Clear Bra' it has some good info in it

·
Registered
232 Posts
i got mine for 399 at a local reputable tint shop (coupe). fyi almost all window film/paint protection items offer a lifetime warrenty.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I just got Venture Shield on my C6 Coupe for $500. That included the mirrors and headlights. I would definitely get the headlights done. In the first year of ownership, most of my pits are in the headlights. That plastic chips easily.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would definitely get the headlights done. In the first year of ownership, most of my pits are in the headlights. That plastic chips easily.
Fair enough, I guess it couldn't hurt, I was just looking to save some cash and the guy said an easy way to cut $100 was to forego the headlights :cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the info....:thumbsup: 500 miles on it now and loved every one..
Not bad for a week.. I thought I would have missed my C5 Z , but this car is amazing!
I have been staying away from the areas with road construction..
Almost impossible in Jersey!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I paid about $1000 for 20% tint and the 3M bra... I had the front end done, the rocker panels down the whole side of the car, the mirrors, the back quarters where the rubber comes off or rocks get kicked up, and the same area for the front tires.

My only regret is I wish I had done it before I drove the car. I got a rock chip on the hood like the 2nd day. (before I got the clear bra)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts