Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just over to CF and seem to be getting myself all worked up over a post dealing with having a vette that is cloned. My feelings are that it makes no difference , if you like it then so be it. His contention is that GS owners (and others) dish him over it and I felt he was wrong about others. Then a GS owner comes on and dishs him about it .........Maybe a poll on this would be imformative. I'd like to hear some imput on this, am I wrong about this ?:huh:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i have no problem with a clone....as long as the owner admits it....don't try and tell someone you've got something that just isn't true....an automatic LT4 car comes to mind....he made it into magazines saying he had the factory build it...and it simply isn't true...my dream for a corvette is somewhat of a grand sport clone with the colors flipped :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It's the dude's car, he can do whatever the f*** he wants with it.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Who cares if its a clone. Its his car let him do what he wants to it. Thats one of the problems on cf, any time someone does something different, everyone is giving him **** about it. One of the reasons I don't go there much anymore. Don't need the hastle. :)

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Punk Boy said:
i have no problem with a clone....as long as the owner admits it....don't try and tell someone you've got something that just isn't true....
I feel the same way about clones. If it's got a ZR1 rear clip and the owner say it's a ZR1 then there better be an LT5 sitting under the hood. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No way was he trying to pass it off as original. In fact,he bought it that way. But I must say, very bitter that people were giving him **** about a shudder fake Grand Sport. I am ashamed of the one GS owners post. By the way, they are still going after one another, I just checked the site a minute ago. You have just put the faith back into me boys and I thank you:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Michael Malone Smith said:
No way was he trying to pass it off as original. In fact,he bought it that way. But I must say, very bitter that people were giving him **** about a shudder fake Grand Sport. I am ashamed of the one GS owners post. By the way, they are still going after one another, I just checked the site a minute ago. You have just put the faith back into me boys and I thank you:thumbsup:
It's what I call the "**** slide". Basically, someone posts something, and the first 1 or 2 people slam it, then everyone else jumps in and it all goes downhill. I feel sorry for the guy that posted that thread!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
clones

I have a 1984 ,as you can see in my pictures in the gallery,i have put a 1991 rear bumber cover/with lights too of course.I feel that this change was a personel expression.I have never panned this car off as being anything else then it is.I have had many comments on this mod(mostly positive) and i can say that if you make the changes to your vette,well that s fine with me <but dont try to BS me about it.WE all have acess to many research sites,and to try to test me is a insult .If you want to change,well change can be a good thing,but please dont question my motives,and i will respect you more,This is just a thought,after all the bashing going on.:surprised :excited: :buhbye:

·
Registered
86 Posts
If I bought it, it's nobody's business what I do with it. But I probably would not post a thread (especially in Corvette Forum )claiming it was something it was not. Some of those people know everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts