Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to do events like autocross and road course. I'm not big on clubs, but if there is a club in the southwestern burbs of Chitown to join to do either of the above, I'd like to know. Thanks!

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
I'd like to do events like autocross and road course. I'm not big on clubs, but if there is a club in the southwestern burbs of Chitown to join to do either of the above, I'd like to know. Thanks!
You can always count on me to shoot straight.

CLUBS SUCK! I won't even go into it. You are better off being a lone wolf, and just get together with us local folk.

Clubs have dues, meetings, elections, newsletters. . . .. . . yea yea yea yea .... whatever!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
there's a famous Chicago area club near me. I found them to be a bunch of ego maniacs. They do some nice community benefits stuff, but being a member means being a sheep. (Do as the leader says) Not my style.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
biltogo said:
there's a famous Chicago area club near me. I found them to be a bunch of ego maniacs. They do some nice community benefits stuff, but being a member means being a sheep. (Do as the leader says) Not my style.
Hey, let's all join the club Rudy is talking about and take it over! :laughing:

I used to be a board member of a local Jeep club... I don't do the club thing anymore. To me, it takes the fun out of the hobby I'm trying to enjoy.

As far as local clubs that put on events, I believe Windy City Corvette does monthly autocross events out in Orland Park (or that general area).

·
Registered
382 Posts
National Council of Corvette Clubs (NCCC) hold autocross stuff. Here in IL. we are in Mid-western Region. They do all kinds of track stuff from Brainerd, Mn. to Centralia, IL. You would have to join an affiliated club (alot are). NCCC has dues $20 for Individual and add a spouse for additional $10 but that is optional. I'm a charter member of Rolling Prairie Corvettes here in Decatur, Il. We are NCCC affilliated. Our total dues including NCCC are $50 a year. We keep up on the track events.
Clubs have their advantages and disadvantages as stated above. It was (NCCC) how I was able to drive the Vette on the Indy 500 track last year.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Not a fan of clubs, too structured. I like to do what I want when I want. :)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
biltogo said:

I have to agree! I had a friend that had a 65 Mustang real nice car well he rearended a guy and bashed the front of the car up upon rebuilding the car he went with a Shelby lower bumper because he liked the agressive look of it, they kicked him out of the club because he changed an original car with out there premission. Kinda crazy huh?:surprised

1 - 8 of 8 Posts