Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have what feels like the clutch is sticking?
If so, how hard is the master or the slave to change on a 01 C5...?
Any help?

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Can you go into more detail? How does it launch? How does it shift? At what speeds? etc.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slipping?

I dont know how better to describe this, but when @ idle and releasing the clutch with little to no throttle tip in, there is a hiss when what appears to be engagement of clutch to pressure plate. or reease of. The car rolls forward and moves, but the clutch is slow to engage. Almost as though it isnt releasing. Also, when driving, it shifts gear to gear, but when tip in and or bosst is applied (all gears) it gives a shudder and appears to be slipping. This is a new clutch as of last fall and there is 2000 miles or less on it. I am thinking the slave is not releasing? bad master? I noticed that a few times i could almost feel brake drag or what appeared to be, and if you tap the brake pedal te car seems to release. Im thinking bad master. I have also noticed a smell of clutch as of today when taking itfor an evaluation drive.
Thoughts? When they changed the clutch they did not change the master or slave. Hmm.. Im thinking thats it. I need to get it on a hoist to see the discand see if the Spec clutch is shot. God, I hope not!!

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
When was the last time the clutch fluid was changed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts