Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 C5 on nitrous and am looking for an upgraded clutch. I only have a few other bolt on mods on this car. When I run it hard on all motor the clutch I have holds fine. The moment I try to spray it the clutch slips to no end. I was wondering what everybody else is using. I won't buy a clutch that chatters..so spec and mcleod clutch's are out. I was wondering if the
Z06 clutch would hold up. Anybody here try it yet?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hold up to what? How much power are we talking about?

You may also want to look into Exedy, RPS, and Textralia.

Mark

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking into the textralia clutch as well....I just can't justify spending $1000 for a clutch plus install. The exedy is even more and not as good. I just need the clutch to hold up against 500 rwhp. That should keep me pretty safe. How much hp does the z06 clutch hold up to?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had the same problem you have. I have an intake and exhaust on my 2000 hardtop. I put a 75 NX wet shot to it and i couldnt go anywhere. The clutch would just spin. I went to ebay and purchased a Ram clutch. They are right around 400 bucks and the thing is a beast. No more slipping at any rpm. I can take of with nitrous and still not slip. Great clutch for the price. Ther is a little chatter taking off but thats it. I got the 600hp heavy duty clutch so that may be why. Just search ram clutch under C5. The seller is out of new york. New Era Performance is the seller. I also had to put a flywheel on because mine was spanked from all the slipping. He offers a package with fly wheel for a good price. I had to buy a centerforce because i didnt realize i needed one till after it was apart. Hope this helps. Heres the item number for one on ebay right now- 8061330277

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've seen the Ram steups on ebay and stuff. Just haven't heard anything about from people who have them. Also, the ram website says they chatter and the ebay ads say that they don't. We have corvettes man....they shouldn't be chattering sitting at stop lights.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah, i agree. I get a little chatter when taking off from a dead stop. I usually have to engage the clutch around 2 grand and i get no chatter. Any high performace clutch will give you some chatter, just pick the cheapest and dont but because of name brand. Thats what i did and i am very happy with the results.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
DarkC5 said:
We have corvettes man....they shouldn't be chattering sitting at stop lights.
Unless the chattering is the teeth of your passenger which was just scared shitless by some driving stunt you did.:laughing:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of time the chatter comes from aftermarket flywheels. I was thinking that the clutch out of an LS6 would work nicely and shouldn't give any chatter. Do you know if the clutch out of an LS7 would fit in our cars. That would be the perfect situation. The C6 Z06 is putting out around 450 rwhp and people are modding them up to 700 rwhp and using the stock clutch without issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts