Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what the best clutch is as far as weight, price, durability, performance and overall life span.

There are many options which is why I would like some opinions on what you personally think is the best for a supercharged 600hp C4....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found this on ebay for $489.00

Stage Three
ULTIMATE STREET/STRIP CLUTCH!
Great for extreme street driving and medium to heavy drag strip use, the Stage 3 clutch kit is the best solution for high powered vehicle, while still retaining the ability to shift sharp but smoothly with light pedal. The kit comes with a high clamp pressure plate, combination carbon/ceramic 3-piece clutch disc with sprung hubs, bearings and tool. The Stage 3 clutch is good to approximately 600rwhp and 680lb ft of torque.

Anyone have this clutch or know someone who does?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
All of the LPE C4 conversions used the OEM clutch . . .there may have been a few exceptions but not many.

There is a 10.5 ZF car in MD that uses the OEM unit on and off the track with no grief.

My stroker has been fine with the OEM but it does not make 600hp: the above car does.

Call Carolina Clutch - those guys are quite good at what they recommend and you save big $$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts