Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
11,957 Posts
we won't bite


too hard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Newbie checking in

I guess it's time for this newbie to say hi.

I've owned a '64 Vette convertible for about 12 years now. 327/365HP, 4-speed, 4:11's

It's about the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

Hi to everyone on the forum
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Newbie's back again already

Brian! Your car is like.... "out-of-this-world-amazingly-awesome".

What a fantastic Corvette to own. My jealousy could not be higher at this moment.

Please upload some more pics?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Thanks for the kind words about my baby.

I've grown pretty attached over the years - I think it's definitely a keeper.

What is everyone's involvement with the Corvette hobby besides liking them?

I belong to several Corvette Clubs:
NCRS - National Organization member
NCRS - Ontario Chapter member
Canadian Council of Corvette Clubs - Eastern Region
( I'm Secretary and website administrator)
Corvettes of Southern Ontario member
Cambridge Corvette Club member
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Member of Corvette Club of Delaware Valley.

Love to drag race the corvette 450 passes in 2 years.

Organizer of the East Coast Supercharging Corvette Challenge which is a bracket racing series for Corvettes in New Jeresey.

I also help with the West Coast Corvette Challenge, Florida Corvette Challenge and Great Lakes Corvette Challenge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Ragvette,

This colour is SilverBlue in '64

The Daytona Blue in '64 is a very dark, navy. A friend of mine has a Daytonal Blue 64 Air Coupe that looks awesome.

Actually, when you get down to it, I think they all look pretty damn fine!!!!!!!

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
64vette said:
Ragvette,

This colour is SilverBlue in '64

The Daytona Blue in '64 is a very dark, navy. A friend of mine has a Daytonal Blue 64 Air Coupe that looks awesome.

Actually, when you get down to it, I think they all look pretty damn fine!!!!!!!

:D
Think I like the SilverBlue better because it's lighter in blue. The Electron Blue on my Z06 is as dark as I would go.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
64vette said:
Thanks for the kind words about my baby.

I've grown pretty attached over the years - I think it's definitely a keeper.

What is everyone's involvement with the Corvette hobby besides liking them?

I belong to several Corvette Clubs:
NCRS - National Organization member
NCRS - Ontario Chapter member
Canadian Council of Corvette Clubs - Eastern Region
( I'm Secretary and website administrator)
Corvettes of Southern Ontario member
Cambridge Corvette Club member
I just like them!

Kidding... I'm an avid drag racer, (and digitalcorvettes.com is the title sponsor of the Great Lakes Corvete Challenge).

I'm not much of a Corvette club person. I meet for local gatherings, but my business schedule is too "all over the place" to commit to being a club member anywhere. I'd only show up half the time.

I've driven my 96 Grand Sport through 19 states, participated in many corvette touring events during the last 23,000 miles .... including 3000+ miles in the Stars and Stripes fundraising tour... the CanAm Caravan (with some of you canuk's!) and several trips to Bowling Green.

I'll be dabbling in road racing this year once I get a second set of rims/tires with some different rubber.

You could say I'm a "driver" ....and an enthusiast. And, I don't mind a rock chip or 10.... or 50. Of course, if I had your car I'd wrap it in clear plastic!!!!! Nah, not true, I'd drive it all over the place. Basically, I enjoy the heck out of them.

That's basically me.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
ragvette said:
Think I like the SilverBlue better because it's lighter in blue. The Electron Blue on my Z06 is as dark as I would go.

Electron Blue is a very nice colour. I just took a side trip to your photo gallery to look around.

Somebody definitely likes blue cars

Me too :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Patrick,

Awesome photo in your last post!!!!!!!!

I hear ya on the business thing getting in the way.

I don't get to drive mine near as much as I would like.

In the last few years the only big trips for the '64 have been a couple of trips to Corvette Carlisle ( my annual pilgrimage) and I took the '64 to the fifth anniversary of the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green.

I was there for the opening so I figured I had to go back for the fifth. Now I'm planning on the 10th!!!!!

:D :D
 

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
11,957 Posts
great looking car thanks for posting the pics :)
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top