Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I raced my 02 ZO6 that I just purchased. It was against my friend's 03/04 cobra with a pulley tune and exhaust. I wanted a low roll 20 in first. We both had no traction and I was all over the place. I hooked in 3rd and yanked a 1/2 car on her. She had trouble with hitting 3rd and lost bad. Next was another 20 same results. Next run was a 50 roll in 3rd. I got the hit and pulled 3 cars by 100mph. I only shifted once and she shifted twice haha. She granny shifted 4th from what I was told. Last run was 50 and she got the hit and pulled me one car length then I started reeling her in a bit before she let off. That Cobra is pretty quick! My ZO6 is bone stock and with some Pilots that just spin. I think I'm going to get some D/R's and run her again from a dig. Hopefully she can hit the gears right the next time. ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
First time I raced my 02 ZO6 that I just purchased. It was against my friend's 03/04 cobra with a pulley tune and exhaust. I wanted a low roll 20 in first. We both had no traction and I was all over the place. I hooked in 3rd and yanked a 1/2 car on her. She had trouble with hitting 3rd and lost bad. Next was another 20 same results. Next run was a 50 roll in 3rd. I got the hit and pulled 3 cars by 100mph. I only shifted once and she shifted twice haha. She granny shifted 4th from what I was told. Last run was 50 and she got the hit and pulled me one car length then I started reeling her in a bit before she let off. That Cobra is pretty quick! My ZO6 is bone stock and with some Pilots that just spin. I think I'm going to get some D/R's and run her again from a dig. Hopefully she can hit the gears right the next time. ;)

Nice runs man. They are pretty potent cars for what they are. Are few bolt-ons and we have a problem. I haven't got my chance yet, but I do keep an eye out.

Josh

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Yes they are potent cars. A couple of months ago I ran into one at a light getting onto the freeway. There was no strategy involved, he just wanted to play. We were in a double turn lane, his lane was a half car length in front. The light changes and we both roll off normal. I could hear him leaving it in 1st so I followed suit. As soon as he has a staight shot he guns it and gets a little squirlly so I wait untill he gets straight before I tromp on it. Going down the ramp he is ahead of me and not pulling away. There is one car on the freeway so we pass it at a normal rate of speed. As i'm comming up on him, he has down shifted already and gets the jump on me. My front bumper is even with his rear and I can't gain.....at all! But I didn't loose any ground.;)

Fast forward to last weekend, I run into anther vetter who hangs with the racing scene and tell him the story. I described the car and driver to a T. He tells me the guy has a doccumented 525RWHP!:thud:

He had to have some mods at the time we tangled but couldn't have had those #'s as the only mod to mine is a cold air intake.

Maybe I'm the reason he has so many mods now.:laughing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the video. Next time I'll be on DR's and we will run from a Dig. Its not a clear win for either of us.

Just click on the image

1 - 4 of 4 Posts