Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone form Spain,

So I have been using my 91, bone stock almost daily over here focusing on that BOSE sound system, interior, stuff like that, but the thing is code 32 keeps showing up at the same exact distance from the house every time!
I put a new EGR valve went through all the tubing, solenoid seems to work when applied power and I do have back pressure from exhaust... Any ideas?
Another thing happening is I think timing chain is streched since I cant run my timing any lower than 16 BTDC in order to have power. I set it at 6 as per manual and the car just wont go... could that be a streched timing chain?

Thanks!!

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
CODE 32

Trouble Code 32 indicates that the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve diaphragm is not where the ECM expects it to be. The ECM controls the diaphragm with a Pulse-Width Modulated (PWM) waveform. The EGR has a vacuum bleed solenoid that adjusts the vacuum applied to the EGR valve based on this pulse width. If there is sufficient vacuum at the EGR valve, a switch closes to send a signal back to the ECM. The absence of this signal is the bases for code 32.

The conditions for setting this code are:

•no vacuum to EGR (switch open), and
•Code 33 or 34 (MAF error) is not present, and
•engine running and LV8 is less than 100, and
•coolant temperature is > 118 deg F (48 deg C), and
•the EGR solenoid duty cycle is < 65%, and
•the above conditions are met for more than 25 seconds

Typical causes for this code include:

1) Faulty EGR valve-to-ECM connection
2) Plugged EGR passages and/or sticking EGR valve
3) Defective EGR valve
4) Defective ECM

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Egr

Thanks for that great info! will get on to it this weekend and see if I can solve that code.

Thanks again for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts