Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1990, stock L98 and I keep getting an intermittent Code 32 (EGR) What can happen?

I know about the EGR valve and the pain in the butt it is to change so what's the real scoop before I start?

·
Registered
182 Posts
My 90 seems to be extremly sensitive to the code 32.

Does the engine idle smooth? You can check the EGR valve operation by putting a length of vacuum hose on the valve & with the engine @ idle apply vacuum or suck on the hose which will open the valve. The engine should drop several cylinders & run rough. Releasing the vacuum the valve should close & the engine will run smoothly. If the above proves out the EGR valve is ok.

Check that the vacuum hoses & electrical connection are good at the EGR solenoid mounted on a bracket from a thermostat bolt.

There is a check out for the solenoid in the shop manual.

My last code 32 was fixed by replacing the 02 sensor.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I've got a new O2 sensor already. I've kinda wondered about the solenoid so I'll give er a check. I also have all new hoses and solid electrical connections. I just did an injector replacement as well

Right now the car idles pretty smooth but I get a bit of a lope after she warms up.

I've got the shop manual and electric supplement along with both the Chilton and Haynes as well so my bases are covered.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts