Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurricane ,Lingefelter or vararam my shop guy wants to install Lingefelter,I know they have great rep but is their CAI getting the most HP , I like Vararam it seems to have the most direct ram air design, but I should listen to my performance pro right ? .By the way this upgrade is suppose to support the rest of my mods being done on monday , port and polish heads MAF TB spacer thermosat and tunning that will make it all work, hope I got these mods right my car is an A6 and this stuff seemed to fit my budget

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have--and really like, the Aircharger with open shroud. K&N quality--something that can't be said for all CAI/so called "ram" systems, only outside cold air to the filter which hangs perfectly in the air stream. Any CAI that cuts the shroud is getting air from between the back of the shroud and the a/c condensor unit. If the a/c is on, the condensor gets very hot. So, the air on that side of the shroud is much warmer than the air from my mod on the outside of the shroud. That was another consideration for doing what I did. Lots of threads on this--including good and bad on Vararam quality. Good luck with whatever you choose. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I certainly have gotten great results from my Lingenfelter CAI

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts